The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

School of Hard Knocks vs. Examples/Mentors

Brennie

affiliate
Are there any proven affiliate marketers out there who are so proud of their websites that they wouldn't mind others taking a look? I've been reading so much of the posts in this forum and I'd like to see some affiliate marketer websites that are up and running and making money. I learn by example and seeing some working websites would provide a direction. It's difficult to get a direction by reading posts in a forum, IMHO. If learning via the school of hard knocks is the best way, then I'm all for doing that. Learning from a guru is ideal, though... maybe I'm asking for too much?
Thanks!

Brennie

Hi Brennie,

Your request is understandable and I'd want to see sites if I were you too.

However successful affiliates have learned never to share their sites on a public forum. Most of them have had their sites copied, niches taken and ideas stolen. So if they are successful, more reason to try to keep sites private.

It's pretty easy to find affiliate sites in the search engines though. You can assume the top ranked ones are pretty good, although not always the case.

Thanks, Linda. Your reply was pretty much what I expected and I understand completely. If I was a successful affiliate marketer (which I intend to be), I'd be hesitant to share my secrets, too. But... it didn't hurt to ask!

Good thing I haven't quit the school of hard knocks! Nothing worthwhile comes easy.

Brennie

Brennie,

One of the things I can suggest, once you start building your sites, is have the various affiliate managers for your merchants take a look at your site(s) and give you recommendations for your specific site.

Yep, Gadget-geeks...
My original question was really a dumb question, but it generated great feedback and suggestions... asking the dumb question was worth it! I'll likely have many more dumb questions as time goes on, but since I'm attending the school of hard knocks, I think they're allowed.
Thanks for the comments!

banners
Back