The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

rotating link offer

schleprock

I am looking for an introduction to CPA marketing in 2019. I have several question but I think they are all pretty stupid ones, I think if I understood the vocabulary I would be able to find the answers on my own.
I have read several articles on Mobidea (everything that they linked to from the main article)

I am a member of Peerfly, on Peerfly the have something called a "link rotator", it looks like Peerfly just wants you to run a bunch of geographically targeted traffic and they supply the highest paying offer to the person who clicks
Sounds good, put money in, take more money out.
But how do you create a landing page if you don't know what the offer is? It looks like this sort of thing would likely be "win an iPhone" or things like that. It seemed that clicking " Accept" was what the offer was really about.
Also Peerfly said that this was best used with "path traffic". I looked that up and it says that is incentivized traffic, you give something to somebody to get an email or whatever from them BUT then the offer itself said NO Incentivized traffic. So the recommend Path but say No Incentivized.

All I really know how to do is create niche site for alcohol abuse, it looks like that is not going to be easy to market. So I am trying to think of what else i can do. I know how to build a landing page, so I want to try something like that.

The reason I asked about the "rotating link" is because before I can get to better offers I will need to prove myself, that means I need to make some sales.
Do "rotating links" really just need push traffic? Peerfly even recommends networks that give traffic that converts well on this. ZeroPark, Tonic, I assume Mobidea (I think they have push traffic as well as offers)

How do I add value? How do I know what link will be where and how do I make a landing page for it? It looks like some of this is even in foreign countries, I only know English, how would I know how to create an LP in a foreign language

So I think you see my problem, I don't know enough, Where do i start?

Hello @schleprock , as you have mentioned a link rotator (smartlink) is actually a URL that contains tons of offers and apparently, those will be rotating to find the "best one " for your traffic. This option is only recommended if you have the following situations:
1- You have tons of traffic and you do not know how to monetize it.
2- You talk with your AM and let him know the type of vertical (offers) you need to have inside the link rotator - example: dating/games etc.. so you can work on your funnel but, as you know, you will never have full control of what will be after the click.

Just want to give you a different point of view: there are so many factors here (as you should know) so the more you know the source, the offer (Landing Page), the payout, the target, the audience, and the funnel - the easier will be the conversion. Start from what you know and move to something else once you master your niche

Hey buddy.

I wouldn't focus on the smartlink as your main offer. They are better for wasted traffic (traffic that you bought that doesn't meet your main offers requirements... ie wrong browser), or back button traffic (the user clicks the back button on your landing page).

I believe most people that promote smartlinks as their main offer are direct linking, but I've heard you can use a landing page if you make it mega generic. You just need to know the offer category that they're going to see.

Smartlinks are so BS too. Most networks aren't transparent about what offers they put in there. They claim they will monetize them the best, but I firmly believe that many of them don't only have the best offers in there. What I mean is that they bring on a new offer to the network and needs some traffic, so they throw it in the smartlink so get some conversions. So in reality some of the offers may be really good, but some offers are total crap until they get enough traffic and optimized out of the smartlink.

I am going to be developing my own 'smart links' but their purpose is for geo-fencing or micro-geo targeting, economic algorithmic targeting, other (non disclosed) targeting; of my own internal site traffic.

I think 'intent targeting', as to the person's affinity toward offers, is very difficult to do and would involve cross domain tracking and huge database resources. Double click (now Google Ads) can do that --and at a price.

Hey @schleprock,

Let me add a few more details here by taking some of your points one by one.

Fist, I would start by saying that using a SmartLink shouldn’t be your first option. It’s even a bigger waste of your traffic when you can target users (by country, geo, device, categories, etc).

You also mentioned that the offer with the highest payout is the one being shown and this is a big mistake! Focus on performance (EPC, eCPM) and not on the payout. This is actually a common mistake that I always like to stress.

However, what you mentioned about creating a prelander for a rotator is totally correct: it doesn’t make sense at all to build a prelander to engage users who will go to an offer that you cannot control.

To quote you: “The reason I asked about the “rotating link” is because before I can get to better offers I will need to prove myself, that means I need to make some sales.”
-> To be honest, this doesn’t make much sense.

Are you sure you were told exactly this by the Peerfly Team? Maybe this was just a misunderstanding. In fact, the best way to let you prove yourself is to give you 4 or 5 good offers to test and to keep scaling if everything is all right (it’s actually what we do with our Publishers). I dealt with hundreds and hundreds of media buyers and I never met one promoting the SL.

As @awesomesauce mentioned, SL is good when you have traffic going to waste. I could give you tons of examples of how traffic can go to waste, but in your case, I am sure this is not applicable.

To summarize and keep it short: I advise you to start with specific offers, check the LP, work on your prelanders (if needed) and run it on your targeted traffic. SL should be only a solution for a small part of your traffic, never your focus.

I hope it clarifies a bit ;)

Your correct it does not make sense.
I was aggregating information I got from several different places and it came out all wrong.
I am a member at Peerfly but have not spoken to anyone there. The fault is mine.

No worries, that's why there are such forums like AffiliateFix, to understand how to improve in Affiliate Marketing.
I hope you will see positive results. All the best!

banners
Back