The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Robo Taxi Alert!

Graybeard

There seems to be a problem with robo-taxi TaaS (Transportation As A Service) in San Francisco, California (US)

get-your-ass-to-mars.gif
Breaking Despicable Me GIF by Regal

On Thursday, the California Public Utilities Commission, or CPUC, voted 3-1 to let self-driving car companies expand their programs and start charging passengers like taxis. ... San Francisco's police and fire departments have urged the CPUC to oppose the expansion – they say they've tallied 55 incidents where self-driving cars have got in the way of rescue operations in just the last six months. The incidents include running through yellow emergency tape, blocking firehouse driveways and refusing to move for first responders.

https://www.npr.org/2023/08/10/1193...ing-cars-theyre-driving-first-responders-nuts

The solution: AI listening devices on board self-driving cars and trucks --seems simple enough in concept (anyway) :)

self-driving cars have got in the way of rescue operations

This will be a continuing saga I think.

I am a strong believer in TaaS.
If you have to wait 5 or 10 minutes and don't have the expense of a trip commuting vehicle it makes sense to pay by the mile and avoid the hassle.
The bugs just need to be worked out. Some, cooperative changes may have to be made by emergency response systems, like: emitting a warning signal in a radius of their presence.

banners
Back