The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Review of my first site

To be the site lacks any real depth. If i'm looking for a review on a product i plan to buy i want to make sure that what i'm reading comes from a reliable source. Having an image of the product and some lists on the good and bad points is not really enough information to get me to buy. Websites need to solve a users query in order to convert.

For example this page: dronedram.com/blog/posts/photography-drones-you-get-what-you-pay-for
  • The images are too small.
  • You are providing a list of features where most people looking on a review might know about them.
  • Pros and cons list are too short, again no real depth of information.
What is making people go "ok, im ready to buy" after reading your content? what is converting them from a review searcher into a buyer?

I would hazard a guess at saying any $ you have made have come from almost accidental clicks on your site from the sidebar images and getting the 24 hour cookie stuffed.

I know i sound like i'm putting a downer on your site but if you want people to click, give them a reason to.

How to improve.

1. If you are going to list features, at least include images that correspond to that feature. Giving people a visual element can help them understand what your talking about.
  2. When listing pros and cons, be as descriptive as possible. Give ways on which they can combat the negative points if possible. By doing this you might give people a reason to buy when previously they where put of.
  3. Add clear, full images.
  4. Provide a personal touch to the content. Talking in a perspective as if you have the item in your hand will give people a sense of belief and a degree of trust that your not talking BS.
  5. Make the CTA's stand out more, I almost skip over the CTA's as the image are so small. Be careful on your choice of CTA too. Amazon can be very strict on this and dont really like sites deceiving the visitor into clicking if they dont know they will be redirected to Amazon. Always tell them they are going to the Amazon site if they click. For example, "Buy from Amazon (Prime Enabled)" "Buy On Amazon Using Prime, Free Next Day Delivery". You might just earn a little extra on the prime upgrade.
  6. I agree with what others have said, the Theme you using is not ideal and doesn't make good use of the real estate you have. Try something like NewsPaper7 (themeforest), It provides a ton of customization and really helps to show off your blog posts.
  7. At the end of the day people looking for reviews are just after justification on buying the damm product. Write content to satisfy this and you should see improved CTR's and earnings.

banners
Back