The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Review of my first site

Happy to know my response provided value.

If you are making a profit, you are definitely on the right track. I would you continue to test and tweak the site, taking note of which tweaks result in higher profits.

My point was that from my internet marketing perspective, graphic design and creative writing are tools to be used to bridge visitors into buyers. From my point of view, I disregard right and wrong... in terms of design or creative writing style, and instead keep my focus on profitable or unprofitable. I would care less what a graphic designer or creative writer thought of my site, as long as it was meeting my profit expectations.

I wanted to point out I believe the style of a site should be a result of what your best evidence tells you will convert your target visitor into a buyer.

Looks and feel has improved alittle, i would still like for you to make a more coherent design for this. Especially the frontpage is suffering from all the different post(pictures).

But it has been improved, good job!

Looks and feel has improved alittle, i would still like for you to make a more coherent design for this. Especially the frontpage is suffering from all the different post(pictures).

But it has been improved, good job!
I appreciate it man, thanks for checking back on it. After getting my first few sales I'm hooked, I'd like to keep making improvements. And thanks for the suggestion about the front page, still working out how I want it to look.

I'm bumping this thread because I've made quite a few changes to my site in the past couple weeks. Here's an example landing page, something I might run an ad campaign around:

Drones Under $200 - Drone Dram

Still need to code an email list-type dialog as well.

Please, if you have any actionable suggestions, let me know.

It seems to be too basic website...You still have the power to do it perfect in the very next hour..You read this message...Look for wpsculpture on YouTube channel....He guides you to the best professional website even e-commerce website....Best suited even for non programmers ....

FYI, it's coming up with white text on a white background for me. Looks like a completely empty site. Chrome / Macbook

Your articles don't sell me at all. They're just product specs. No story, no emotion, no reason to believe you. The design doesn't help either - I feel like this was put together by someone selling something, not someone passionate about drones who wants to share how awesome they are.

It sounds like you're going in the right direction, but consider a bit less selling and a bit more fanaticism. Someone mentioned already that you should limit it to three drones, become an expert and push them like crazy. I agree with that. Become the best at less rather than mediocre at everything.

Thank you Nitin and Ben. I'm not a designer so having a reference for that is good.

I'll try pushing for a more personal tone to the articles, maybe include experiences with some drones. And yeah, I'm definitely still not satsfied with the way it looks. Time to put in some work.

include experiences with some drones.

Awesome idea. Make me jealous of how much fun/value you're getting out of them. Don't overdo it - just act like (or better yet, become) someone who loves drones and wants to share that love with others. The winners in marketing these days are the people playing the part all the way through... in fact, if you're not actually a drone nut, maybe consider a new project with something you're truly passionate about? In addition to this one, I mean. Then you can see over time how much a difference your genuine passion can make. You'll wake up itching to write a new sales letter rather than worrying about tweaking.

The fact that you already have conversions is great... and kinda makes me want to make a drone website... :p but I've never been a huge fan personally, so no worries about me competing in your space! Not that I'd be a huge threat anyway... I mostly post vague advice on forums these days ;)

in fact, if you're not actually a drone nut, maybe consider a new project with something you're truly passionate about?
To be honest I have never flown a drone in my life! haha. But this website makes me want to buy one. I have a couple other blog ideas (video game components maybe) but if this site takes off I can see myself getting into it.

The fact that you already have conversions is great
It is, but still haven't nearly broken even yet. Taking the advice of others on this forum and testing continuously, with various ad platforms and seo techniques. Hopefully it all adds up to getting in the green soon, but so far I haven't spent enough to be devastated if it doesn't catch on.

I mostly post vague advice on forums these days
I can relate to that! Although the advice is much appreciated.

But this website makes me want to buy one.

Cool - which other websites out there also make you want to buy a drone? Steal their ideas and make 'em better! Figure out why they make you - a non-drone user - want to buy, then put it into your own words, ideally with a fresh spin or additional value (maybe a video?).

Let us know how progress goes! Sounds like you're not paying too dearly for the data you're getting, plus you're one of the few actually DOING IT rather than posting on forums... so you'll get there much sooner than us spectators. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take and all that...

Just gonna keep this thread going, I've overhauled the layout and changed tone in my articles Why The DJI Phantom Is The Most Popular Drone In The Industry - Drone Dram

I really like your angle with that. The pieces are all there as well. Nicely done!

I might suggest bolding benefits in the copy so skim-readers get caught on cool selling points. The story of Mac is a good idea, but I'd build it out a bit more. Make us identify with Mac and his story - his frustrations, then his excitement at finding the DJI. We want his success to be ours. Right now it's good to have him in there, but he's almost thrown in. As well the drone crash video - it's a bit out of place because it's not original content or directly supporting your claims/showing benefits. Yes, it's cool, but my assessment is that it's equally distracting as it is contributing.

Either way, you definitely have the right ideas! Nice work!

You should definitely get an email list going.
You're right that's the next thing on my list.

Nicely done!
Thanks Ben, I was able to get a big chunk of coding done yesterday, and my aim was to make the site look more professional/authoritative.

bolding benefits
Done. And you're right, makes the article stand out more.

the drone crash video - it's a bit out of place
I tend to agree. I feel like videos have a place on this site but shouldn't be the main focus or so far up in the page. In any case thanks for coming through again with good advice.

The bolding is well done too - I did a skim-read and from what I gathered, it's great for beginners and has a great camera plus a community of people. Maybe you can make that community part stand out a bit more - I think it's a very strong selling point. Maybe even pull testimonials from forum posts there and add them as screenshots? Excellent social proof there. And definitely, videos are a great addition and way to prove the coolness factor; I'm sure you'll come up with a great way to implement (as is, it's not too distracting, but I'm glad you see my point about the potential for it to be better with context).

Remember, it can never be too long - only too boring. If the page gets much longer, create an opportunity to buy at the midway point or so (in case you've already sold someone by then).

Let us know how you progress. Glad we've been of help!

Yeah, I was just spying on your adwords. Good job on the site man. They're expensive products so your ROI should be good. SEO takes time. I was just researching some keywords and found some profitable ones with low competition you can target and rank for. You want them?
Trying with small amounts on Adwords, Bing Ads and FB. SEO too but I haven't seen much of a return on that end.

banners
Back