The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Reverse Engineering Money S01E02 - Timing is key

healzer

9Vjesux.png

The goal of the series is to learn new ways to build and manage digital businesses.
You will learn how other people structure their online empires and how you can do it as well.
Instead of lurking around and waiting for a magic money making guide, we shall take measures into our own hands. If you missed episode 01, click here.

Disclaimer: All research, content, facts and figures are obtained without the intention of causing any harm to any business whatsoever. All information is obtained through legal and public ways using services such as Google and/or other websites.
---------

In this episode we look at one concrete example of smart social [media] engineering.
If you've been involved in Instagram (who hasn't lol), you have definitely come across many Motivation and Inspiration profiles such as this one:
Willy Hansen (@success_foundation) • Instagram photos and videos

What struck me about this profile is the following:
It has well over 187k followers
it's only following 24 users
has over 1.5k posts

BUT there is only one post that tries to promote/sell anything. Which is this one:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVNW2P-D8Bv/?taken-by=success_foundation

It was posted some days ago (the owner of the account removed it already).
If you look deeper into the post you'll see "why" -- because it's father's day today ,, congratz to all fathers in the building!!

The post is promoting a specific product, whose original author appears to be: Luxury Classy Lifestyle (@royalluxurys) • Instagram photos and videos

HIo98yx.png

When you scroll down on that profile, you'll notice it's the only promotional post.
This could mean two things:
  1. Either this account is run by someone who's truly inspired by motivational quotes and is just doing this as a hobby -- thus he got paid by the owner of "royalluxurys" to re-post it.

2. Both accounts are owned and managed by one entity. It could be that this account was purchased just recently (since it has many followers and a great engagement rate).
Whichever the case may be, it doesn't matter as much as the following.
Smart marketers make use of good timing & seasons to make big money.
I'm not saying these guys went from rags to riches in just one day, but I'm sure they made a dozen or so additional sales in the past five hours.

First of all, looking at their website ( https://royalluxurys.com/ ), notice how badass, classy and "exclusive" the homepage looks like:
DihoxVJ.png

... only if their domain name wasn't spelled so bad, I would've considered purchasing a watch from them, hehe :) Meaning: they know their audience and can trigger their "weak" spot which is luxury feelings.

The link in their bio sends me to this page:
https://royalluxurys.com/collections/watches/products/the-spyder-leather-quartz-wristwatch

Page screenshot:
LiaViKr.png

Aha, look at that! The product originally costs $9.99 but now (Father's day discount offer) it's a $0.00.
How in the world are they making any money then!? Let's find out ;)

When I went to the checkout page, I noticed this:
KClJhf3.png

As you can see they charge $12.83 / $42.59 and $56.07 to ship a damn watch to a country in Europe (I chose Germany as destination). This means they are most likely drop shipping from some South East Asian country (Taiwan/China).

This method has been posted many times before on affiliatefix so it's definitely not a new strategy.
However, these examples illustrate how it's done in practice with real examples, so lock and learn kids.

Today's lesson: know which holidays and other special days are in the upcoming 30 days and plan your marketing campaigns accordingly. If you do not, you will lose and someone else will win.

Last edited:
Today's lesson: know which holidays and other special days are in the upcoming 30 days and plan your marketing campaigns accordingly. If you do not, you will lose and someone else will win.

This was New for me . Thank you :)

banners
Back