The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Really cool new affiliate tool

Hi all,

Although this post is focused on Gaiam, I think the tool that's being used will likely interest most of you. AMWSO has been loooking for a way to effectively use video through our programs, and we think we've finally found the a complete solution.

The tool is called: WebVideoZone and it has been created by a guy called Joe Chapuis. Anyway, I have had a play with the tool and this is one example of what I have come up with: http://www.affiliatecreatives.com/gaiam/the_secret/the_secret.htm. (This very basic landing page that promotes a product that was featured on Oprah last week that's stocked by Gaiam).

Here's the cool part:

- The Gaiam logo on the top left hand corner of the video player is a clickable affiliate link.

- When the video is done there's a message to; ?Click on the video screen to buy ?The Secret??. Once the screen is clicked on you are led to a Gaiam landing page for ?The Secret? through an affiliate link.

- Anyone can add the video to their site via the ?Add To Site? button, and of course the video player includes an affiliate link.

- You can email a friend a link to your video player via the ?Share? button, and again the video player will include an affiliate link.

- The video is not hosted on your site so you don't have to worry about bandwidth issues.

If a merchant/Affiliate Manager wants to distribute this sort of video all they have to do is direct their affiliates to a page like the one below where they add their affiliate ID and then they can grab the resulting source code that's generated on the page to add to their website. Here is an example of the page for 'The Secret' DVD: http://go.webvideoplayer.com/aff/nC1cvJefTxV3rUahHPkE1347. (In this case you'd add your Linkshare Click ID to grab a copy of the video which has your affiliate links embedded throughout the video).

We're going to use this tool for Gaiam/GT Media first of all as they have loads of very well produced videos advertising their best-selling products (I have about 40 videos so far and there are many more available). So far we have three videos available for affiliates and I have just sent out a newsletter which explains how the system works and incudes the various links to them all etc. If you're interested, check it out here: http://www.affiliatecreatives.com/gaiam/newsletter_200207/Affiliate_Newsletter2.1_Feb07.htm.

N.B. If you want to use the Gaiam videos on your website and get paid a commission on sales you must be signed up to the Gaiam affiliate program run through Linkshare. You can get more details here: http://www.amwso.com/gaiam.php.

It'll be interesting to see how this goes. There is no doubt that high quality video can certainly help sell products (especialy if surrounded by some solid sales copy).

Let me know your thoughts on this. I'd welcome any feedback you have on the system.

James you ROCK! Was just going to blog about your videos and am glad you posted about it here.

I watched that Secrets video and it SOLD ME! I want to buy it.
Affiliates need to jump on hot video ads like this.

PLUS I love Gaiam and think affiliate should join.
What a great site and program!

Ok off to blog this!

love it too

I placed the Secrets video on my site, too.
Linda said: "I watched that Secrets video and it SOLD ME! I want to buy it."

Uhh lol I have a couple of the yoga videos on my site, too. I watched em a few times and the little Rodney yoga guy convinced me lol :) I asked my doctor first what he thought of yoga (cos I have a back problem) and he said it was great cos it's slow moving and stretching so you're building muscles and not making any kinda quick moves that might hurt ya. So, after watching the videos, I bought them for myself.:D

Really impressed with Gaiam, too. I patiently waited for it to come so I could start but one of the videos sent was the wrong one. Called and spoke to a very nice person, they sent the correct one but no label like they said to mail back the wrong one sent. Emailed to let them know and they told me I didn't have to send the other one back. Uhh not quite trusting I guess when somebody gives me something for free...so, asked them again if they were sure....and yeap. They didn't charge me for the other one.

Never had even crossed my mind to try yoga but the cute little Rodney guy made it look so easy, he sold me on it after just a few minutes. lol :D

braggin on em:)

maxie104:
Think Linda won't get upset at me for doin this:) so don't know if you have or not but if you've never worked with James, Allen, Patrick, Dave, Kris, Michel, William, Jonathan, Richard and on and on (probably missed somebody in there) all under the guidance of Chris..... you really should.:) They're a great bunch of affiliate managers, all very nice, all very helpful, all do their best to make your job easier and help in whatever way they can. And...nope, I am not their Mom. lol have just enjoyed working with all of them and highly recommend them.:)

As for the video...forgot to say...easiest thing there is to put on your site. Just add your id, get the code and copy and paste it onto your site. That's it....like magic you've got like a little mini tv screen on your site that plays the video.:)

puplebear, thanks SOOOOOOOO much for the feedback on all the great AMs at AMWSO. All of our affiliate managers really do work for you and work hard to please. So it's really great to hear the feedback.

Im super excited about affiliates being able to grab onto the whole video thing too. You're right it is like magic!

And video converts like magic too! You know cuz you put a video on your site and sold YOURSELF something! LOL. Great Story! :p

Go get 'em maxie104. Let us know how it goes!

Hi PB,

That about covered everyone. Thanks for the very kind feedback, it's good to see everyone is doing their job to help our partners :)

Cheers

Chris

James can you help me? I am a littlle stupid when it comes to html. I went in and got the code for the player from your newsletter (thank you very much by the way) but it is lacking something to make it work. For instance I normally add <a href=" at the begining of a link but this snipit has <script at the begining, Oh heck in other words how do I code the darn thing??? Thanks so much Deb.:eek:

I'm not James but I got the email telling me somebody had replied to the post since I subscribed to receive them. They're all in Thailand and should be sleeping now. lol :) Doesn't necessarily mean they will be tho. lol Sometimes not sure any of em every sleep. lol :)

You're not stupid about html first of all.:) I taught myself and it's not easy for anybody to learn.
Not sure which one you're referring to, but unless they've changed they're not html. They're javascript. Similar, except they update themselves and uhhh make it so I can't change their text color. lol :) You don't have to do anything at all but just copy and paste the code that's given to you. Are you looking at it online, or in preview of whatever you're placing it in?

Thank you so much purple bear.;) I am teaching myself also, and it gets so confusing at times. :eek: I hope they are sleeping now, or having a real good time...lol.
Again thanks much, Maxie

No problem at all, honestly I love to help people whenever I can. Don't get discouraged with it. Honest, if I can learn it you can too:):)
ok, so are you online and not seeing it or are you using some sort of editor with a design or preview?

If you're working with some sort of an editor (like Frontpage) you'd have a design, code or preview to work in. With this all you have to do is go into the code and copy and paste just what would've been in the newsletter, then go into the preview and it should show.:)

You're very welcome.:) Aren't they cool? One minute you're teaching yourself html and the next you've got a video on your site. lol :) See, told ya you could do it:)

If you have any troubles learning the html, I'm definitely not an expert. lol but I've got lots of online resources I can give ya the links for if you need any help for it. (they're all free ) Just pm me and I'll give em to ya.:)

Thank you James. Everything is great and like Purplebear said Rodney the yoga guy is great too.;) Have a good day and thank you for the cool tool. Deb.

Why do I see "Sorry...This WebVideoZone Account in no longer active."
Does it cost money to use their video hosting service?

Whoops! Doesn't cost you, the affiliate, but it there are charges to the merchant. Either a glitch or someone forgot to pay the bill.

I'll let them know right away.

banners
Back