The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Readers Leaving Comments Question

kflo01

affiliate
I have a quick question.
How do most of you have your blogs setup? Do you hae it set where readers can comment on your post without signing up to be a member or do you have it set where they have to register first.

My gut tells me for list building purposes that you want them to register first beforre posting and it would also cut down on spam.

Currently I have my blog set so all readers have to register before posting comments.

I've never added my blog commenters to a list or mailed to them.
I'm not sure that's considered an opt-in unless you add an opt-in form
they have to check to say they want mail from you.

I have it set up so commenters have to register, mainly to cut down on spam.

Gotcha!
I do have a "Subscribe to the newletter" link so I can collect email addresses. That is double opt in.
Thanks for the tip.

How do most of you have your blogs setup? Do you hae it set where readers can comment on your post without signing up to be a member or do you have it set where they have to register first.

I don't require registration on any of my blogs, but I do have it set up where I approve all comments first. My thinking is that people may not want to take the time to register and they'll just end up leaving but I do want to have control over what is being posted in comments.

Great idea. I just thought about it and your right. I look at it the same as a web site that forces you to sign up before you can finish the check out. I am like forget this and go to the next web site that doesn't for the same price if I am not in the mood to go thru that.

banners
Back