The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Rate my new site design!

Rate My site

• It is the bestest of the best!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the colors! Uhh did I mention I like the colors?

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It looks better than the old design.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It sucks harder than the old design.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • This poll is meaningless! WTF!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gorkfu

affiliate
Ok I'm just curious about what people think about the new design for my main development site. I set up a small poll for those that don't want to post their true feelings, lol. :laugh:

I'd actually rather hear bad things than good... This might sound weird, but I know nothings perfect and their's always something that can be enhanced. Plus I might just be bored and I'm always up for a challenge.

The site is:
PHP Open Source Projects - The RSWR Network

Here is the old design (or well a screenshot of it)
http://www.rswr.net/rswr-old-design.png

I'd like to give thanks ahead of time, so thank you! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
From the old to the new design I think you did a really good job. Here's my take, Be carefull on the colors that you use, especially when its dark or desaturated colors these could be seen different depending on the screen the user has and it might not be the best view of your site.

Be carefull on the colors that you use, especially when its dark or desaturated colors these could be seen different depending on the screen the user has and it might not be the best view of your site.
That is true. I did look at the site on four different monitors and the colors looked slightly different but it still looked good for me.

I used the light bluish filler because it seemed to blend well. On my old site, the text was too small and reading any text on a black background does prove to be hard on the eyes. The reason the background is black is because it's been that way since 1998 plus the rest of the colors would not blend so well on white.

I don't like the actual change in layout - I think with the new styling but old layout it'd look better.

I don't like the actual change in layout - I think with the new styling but old layout it'd look better.
The old layout was a bit clunky to me, and your actually the first to like the old over the new. Anyways, I probably should add in some sort of sidebar, particularly on the right. Maybe similar to like I did with the blog. What do you think about that?

This one can you used another font? Or can you make it big a little? I can't read the content

Yea it was a bit smaller text than the new design. I'm not gonna go back to the old design, since more people like it better than the old, plus myself.

Now I'm just looking for ideas to tweak the new design, if anyone has any.

Some people on other forums are telling me that the inner blue color clashes with the purple. They also say it is hard to read the text. I don't see the clash nor is it hard for me to read it myself and I do have very bad vision. I have viewed the site on more than 10 monitors. I think the people seeing this stuff got crappy monitors.

Anyways I put up a new color here:
PHP Open Source Projects - The RSWR Network

Old Color Here:
RSWR Network Blog

Tell me if you think old or new looks better. Or if I should pick something else entirely. I'm not very patient with picking colors, lol. :lol:

Nevermind I turned it back to the original light blue. The new one blinds the "BEEP" out of me! lol. :lol:

Be carefull on the colors that you use, especially when its dark or desaturated colors these could be seen different depending on the screen the user has and font color is also not easily visible try to change it.
Someone brought this up before, but I think it was on another forum. I checked it on more than 10 monitors. Only on CRT monitors it displays a little odd.

Which font color are you referring to? The interrior black font or the grey font for the footer? Or the blue interior link colors?

I'm going to guess your on a CRT... :p

MI
Back