The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Ranking Problem with Google

SearchBliss

affiliate
Hi, Got a bit of a strange problem, website ranks really well in Yahoo (page 3) and not at all in Google. I've just checked the results (100 pages in) nothing, in web master tools the connected sitemap says 0 indexed. What does this say to you guys? I need to find my website under its keyword even if its 500 pages deep in the results. What do I do?

Well I could not see where you had put your url so cant check it out for you, but if your not on Google do not get upset because 86% of UK websites are not on Google either, so just get listed well by submitting the site to Yahoo, MSN, Alt-vista and the like as often as once a month (too often they do not like it) and you will get all the hits you want.
David

Well I could not see where you had put your url so cant check it out for you, but if your not on Google do not get upset because 86% of UK websites are not on Google either, so just get listed well by submitting the site to Yahoo, MSN, Alt-vista and the like as often as once a month (too often they do not like it) and you will get all the hits you want.
David

I submitted to Bing, Yahoo and all the rest, Google is the ONLY site that sends me organic traffic.

And, I have to say that I believe that statistic of 86% is only so because a large % are not ecommerce sites.

If you're selling online you need to be on Google, IMO.

If you're writing for a specific audience, or blogging for a niche audience, you can do without Google by getting limited traffic from other sources. But for ecommerce (if that's what the OP does) it is VITAL to be seen by Google.

Incidentally, my entire indexed pages displayed "0" today. I submitted again several times, and now it's back up to the level it was. I'm assuming Google was either having problems or there was a deliberate update that caused an issue.

This still shouldn't change the cached pages though, should it?

And OP, it could just be that you haven't built up your keyword links. Google won't show your site for a keyword unless it sees other sites linking to yours.

I agree if you are running an e-commerce site it is vitally important you are ranking high in Google, I would advise getting some backlinks from high quality, high PR sites, this will increase the chance of Google crawling your site.

I agree if you are running an e-commerce site it is vitally important you are ranking high in Google, I would advise getting some backlinks from high quality, high PR sites, this will increase the chance of Google crawling your site.

But don't focus only on high PR sites.

Organic links appear all over the net and the average user has no clue about PR. That is what Google is looking for.

For you PR is important, yes, but for Google they just want to see popularity and value in your site, so while they may value high PR links first and foremost, having links from random locations will help overall because it shows natural appreciation of your site.

The basic solution is to be addicted to forum posting, blogging, social networking, and include keyword relevant links at every opportunity.
Don't decide what to do and where to post based on what Google prioritizes, because they see (almost) all and will place higher value on a site that has ten high PR links in with 100 low PR links, than a site with 20 high PR links in and no low PR links.

MI
Back