The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ranking google

azazel

affiliate
I am wondering if the search engine optimization is the same for google.co.uk as for google.com. I want to market uk obviously and it is a new domain. Hope to hear from you all soon!

If you do the UK should look to the pages uk, should also make the pages more com it will benefit both.
I do all the pages but google google.com priority because it is more of the world.

If you do the UK should look to the pages uk, should also make the pages more com it will benefit both.
I do all the pages but google google.com priority because it is more of the world.
Yes, you should find the UK pages and build link on the uk pages.

If you are targeting specific region, then you have to submit your site to UK directories for instance. The more UK websites you are linked with, the higher possibilities that you get higher rankings in google.co.uk.

Some tips for ranking well in google.co.uk

Use a .co.uk domain name;
Ensure you have a UK address;
Ensure your server is located in the UK;
Add 'UK' to home page title and description;
Have 'UK' sprinkled lightly in your content;
Include UK dialling code and UK area code in the content;
Develop backlinks on UK related websites;
Use meta-tags associated with the UK - e.g.;
- <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-gb"/>
- <meta name="coverage" content="Nationwide"/>
- <meta name="country" content="UK"/>

Great tips for targeting the UK Google traffic world. As a matter of fact, when you decide having rankings for your website locally rather than on the main Google.com portal, you should shift your attention to all the elements playing roles. The IP addresses of the incoming links can be amazingly important since Google will realize your domain name has already gained the attention of some local other websites.

Addition

If you are targeting specific region, then you have to submit your site to UK directories for instance. The more UK websites you are linked with, the higher possibilities that you get higher rankings in google.co.uk.

I agree, you have to add your site in more UK directories. Also find some UK forums and blogs and create links by posting threads and comments. This would be helpful.

If you want to target the industry of uk, then try to create your backlinks on uk sites. In terms, you should promote it on google.com to target the whole world.

SEO will be pretty much the same yes. But if you're concentrating on UK traffic then remember:

Do you keyword research based around UK traffic.
Gain backlinks from other UK sites of good quality and relevance.
Keep an eye on you rankings for Google.co.uk

Good luck.

I have never heard of any differences in the Google algo as it relates to different countries. It just would not make any sense to do it that way. But then...

That was a good tips...

in addition, relevant Uk content will also help.

Some tips for ranking well in google.co.uk

Use a .co.uk domain name;
Ensure you have a UK address;
Ensure your server is located in the UK;
Add 'UK' to home page title and description;
Have 'UK' sprinkled lightly in your content;
Include UK dialling code and UK area code in the content;
Develop backlinks on UK related websites;
Use meta-tags associated with the UK - e.g.;
- <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-gb"/>
- <meta name="coverage" content="Nationwide"/>
- <meta name="country" content="UK"/>