The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Questions to ask a merchant

vagabond90

affiliate
Hi
I am thinking of becoming an affiliate but would like to know if there are any questions I should be asking the merchant before I attempt to promote there products.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Basically, if you choose a product to promote through Clickbank, you won't even have to contact the merchant at all. You just need to give a look at the datas Clickbank provides about the product you'd like to promote. Also, analyze the merchant page and only promote something you would buy yourself. Some sales page are really poor.

Then, some merchants actually have a helpful "affiliates" page with some free articles, different banners and other promotional tools that can be helpful to you. Also, I would advise you to contact the merchant anytime you have a question about his or her product. I often do this to have some extra info and they're always willing to help. Your success is their success! ;)

yea, with affiliate marketing most of the time you just sign up and never talk to the merchant. so the rule for me is, do i believe enough in the product that i want MY site affiliated with it. also will the product make me money. does anyone else want it.

Ask them what their avg conversion rate is for each traffic type. Ask them how long they've been in business. Ask them how many affiliates they have at the moment. Ask them how often they will pay you.

I'd make a list and use it to pick good programs only.

I agree with arenee, make sure its a product that you fully believe in. Whenever you consider marketing a product, its important to think of yourself as the consumer. Think to yourself, would I buy this product? Would I actually look at this landing page? Would I pay that price for this product? If you wouldn't even buy the product yourself, then there's no reason to be affiliated with it.

banners
Back