The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Questions about link buildingto my niche site

jordbaer

I am new in this business and have a few Danish niche sites.

I know I need to do link building so my pages will eventually be better in google.

Boards profile link and the signature value, the link with the respect to each other. thinking about a profile link has no value if you have not written in the forum?

Depends on the forum I think, but most are not worth much. Same as most any link, the bigger, more popular a site is, the better the value of the link. I also think that search engines might be, if they are not already, catching on to the pattern of profile links.

Another big key seems to, look normal, and steady links. You don't want to do 100 links one month, then auto blast 10,000 links the next month, it will hurt you. I learn that one the hard way.

Many people are saying, even search engines hinting, that social networks is where they look more now. Obviously social is hot, G started their own, must be for a reason.

Only makes sense. Directories use to be the place people went or searched, now every one is on facebook. The shift of power is all.

Of course the best links are from related sites, but that can be tough.

For a variety of reasons, many forums (like this one) restrict access to Member Profiles to logged in members only, which makes profile links useless for link building since search engine spiders will never "see" them.

Additionally, profile link spamming will get you banned at many forums.

Bottom line: It's not a good strategy.

When I am backlinking to a page, I ping it, submit the RSS feed, social bookmark, use article directories, blog networks etc.

I track my rank in a rank tracker and add more links as needed.

The key is consistently building links and link diversity. As Ron says, you don't want to build 100 one day and 10,000 another. Keep it consistent.

Also "social proof" from sites such as Facebook and Twitter is becoming more valued by Google.

banners
Back