The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

[QUESTION] Is It Against Amazon Associates TOS To "Retouch" The Product Images?

IM_Newbie

As the title says, I am wondering if it is against the Amazon Associates programs to download and "retouch" the product images to use them on my affiliate blog?

136c92759925c8d52f4ecc458cce08db.jpg

Source: fiverr (NO AFFILIATED WITH THE PRODUCT)
I would like to reuse the product images in order to build something more professional and appealing to my visitors but, I am not sure if this is against Amazon Associates TOS...Thoughts?​

They do not permit the manipulation of any graphics within their inventory.
I didn't know about this, but everyone retouch the product images..
Just stick to product requirements, changing background maybe, changing some colors and adding some shadows to make it more realistic, That's very common, and as much as I know, it's very OKAY.

- Samira

Common sense *should* be applied here IMO.
So long as you do not alter the image with your watermark or do something deceptive with the image --just what is the problem?
My opinion only --I can't stand ultimatums in contracts of adhesion --that are unreasonable.
This makes so much more sense to me.

I don´t see why Amazon would be against an affiliate enhancing a product image in a way as I showed in my original post to better display the product in a more appealing and professional way.

Common sense *should* be applied here IMO.
I don´t see why Amazon would be against an affiliate enhancing a product image

Well, common sense is rarely a leading cause of any company policies in this world. I am sure the policy is in place not to prevent appropriate enhancements. It is more likely there to prevent any images from being distorted or altered in a way not in compliance with any of the products in the images.

Remember, Amazon is held responsible by some of their represented businesses like Samsung an other big brands that have stores on Amazon. It is likely they hold marketers responsible because they are being held responsible.

They old adage: "Shit Rolls Downhill".

MI
Back