The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Question about keywords

JulieO

I am having trouble wrapping my head around how keywords work

I have created a website on a specific purse. I think what I need to do now is to write 1 million articles and add them to my website pointing them back to my product pages. My struggle has been, what do I write about? I was told one topic could be about purse fashion. But the purse that I am promoting is a functional purse. Anyone interested in fashion would probably not be interested in this purse. Those people would be looking for Gucci or Coach.

So my question is...do I still write about fashion? Is the point to be able to use the keywords related to the topic and not necessarily about the specific purse that is on my product page?

Hi Julie,

I disagree with what you were told. Think like your ideal customer. Sounds like you may be your ideal customer if what's on your home page is correct. So what type of headline would grab your attention???

Then the other thing is you need to do some KW research. I don't know much about this type of purse, but based on a couple key phrases I see on your site here is what I would do.

I went to SEObook keyword tool Seo Book Keyword Suggestion Tool
You want to plug in one or 2 or your main keywords. I plugged in pain purse = 0.
Then tried pain handbag - came up with "how to select a handbag if you have back pain."
Only had a few searches but that would be the PERFECT title for an article.

Some other KW or descriptions of the purse you have on your site are: ergonomic shoulder bag, backpack purse, healthy back bag. So research those KW and then write a separate an article on each phrase. Also research and/or write on synonyms IE: ergonomic shoulder bag, ergonomic purse, ergonomic backback.

Then go through the merchants page and read the description and comments to see if there are any other good phrases. Go to other sites that carry a similar purse and see if you can find more phrases.

Next think about what type of person would buy this bag. What type of problems do they have? What would they be interested in? WHO are they? Women with back problems, right? So write some articles about women with back pain, various back pain solutions. But then also add if you're like me and a regular purse kills your back, this new style I found may help. Worked for me!

I just sorta rambled out some ideas, but you get the pic?

Keywords are important

Keywords are really important to promote your website,but for this the keywords has to be selected uniquely.And always remember not to use more competitive keywords.:)

Thank you!

Thank you for clearing some of this up for me. This makes much more sense and I have already taken your advice at taken action on it.

I also had not seen these SEO tool before. Those should come in real handy.

answers

Title get clicks here are some tips for creating good article titles:
Just use your researched keywords and build around that.

1. Questions: Questions drive people nuts.

For example:
Is Your Purse Good for Your Health?
Is your Purse Weighing you Down?
Are you Able to Hold on to your Man?

2. Lists: People love lists and steps because they are simple and provide quick and easy solutions.

For example:

3 Reasons why the right purse can save your back
7 Fat Burning Foods
10 Ways to Break Up with Someone

3. Sensational Statements: These work great because they capture the curiosity of a reader and create doubt and they just can’t help but click.

For example:
The Purse You are Using is Stupid
Your Handbag could be Killing You
Working at Home is for Dummies

Also, for your keyword research you can use another angle. Search for "back problems" (instead of purse) find the good keywords and target women, talk about some issues with back problems and then tie it into purses. You should be able to find tons of great keywords for back problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is always better when anyone is doing Keyword Research that select the best keywords. Even though you are performing various taskx, this site can be promoted only when your keywords are with good competition. I recommend that it is always better to use long term keywords.

I suppose keywords are important for SEO but I find that my sites rank number one in google for keywords I never thought of
Yes by all means think of words that relate to your purse niche but what you want are keywords that your potential customers would type in as a search engine query

A million article? Where on earth did you hear that?

Keyword Search

This is true that the keywords are the most important factor in SEO, to promote websites effectively and efficiently. It should be noted that for effective promotion to get the site noticed one must use the unique keywords. Further, the keywords are competitive in page source. We must not use this keywords from page source, it is better to search from other source.

Remove everything rom your mind what has been told to you.
Just think like what and how your prospective customer will think. Why will he buy your bag? what can be his need? what might be the problems he is facing which will lead him to buy your bag. Thats it! you will thousands of topic to write about.

MI
Back