The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Question about Key Words.

ArcadEd

affiliate
So I am new, obviously, but one thing that is confusing me a bit is key words.

When you find a good phrase or keyword to use via the google keyword tool, are you suppose to use only that keyword/phrase in your meta tags and backlinks? Or do you use all the tags you can think of, plus the one that you picked from the tool? This is one thing I am unclear on.

I'm not even sure if I am wording my question right.

The keyword you found from google keyword tool is your main keyword. Your site will be based on that keyword. You must also use your sub-keywords. These are keywords related to your main keywords. You must use your main and sub keywords together in your meta tags and alternatively with your backlinking task.

I hope this helps. I am also new to IM. Wish you all the best. =)

So I am new, obviously, but one thing that is confusing me a bit is key words.

When you find a good phrase or keyword to use via the google keyword tool, are you suppose to use only that keyword/phrase in your meta tags and backlinks? Or do you use all the tags you can think of, plus the one that you picked from the tool? This is one thing I am unclear on.

I'm not even sure if I am wording my question right.

Keywords is the word or phrase that users intend to search to weither it's weird or not. Example: application, crack applications free are the few sample of keyword.

You can use spin your main keyword.

Hi ArcadEd,

To tell you the truth, it's been my experience lately the keyword metatags don't play a huge role in getting you ranked on google.

What gets you ranked is your content. If you are targeting a specific keyword and you intend to build up a site around that specific term, you really should have the keyword in your domain name. If you don't it's ok, just means a little more work on your part to get it to rank.

The start posting articles on your site (quality stuff, not rehashed plr junk) that are original content exclusive to your site.

The best way is to type your keyword into google and visit the top 15 to 20 sites ranking for that term and see what they are writing about. Look at the style and content and this will give you an idea of what you should be doing.

Use your keyword in the article title and again in your article but not too much cause google will know you are spamming the word. Use a tool like keyworddensity.com to check the keyword density of your article.

Once you have some good content then you could start to target your long tail keywords based on your original keyword.

EG: Improve your golf game - Improving your swing - Improve your swing with irons - Mastering the sand wedge.

As you get deeper and deeper with the long tails you are then filtering your traffic to a much more specific topic within your chosen niche and have a LOT more chance of making a sale of the specified product or action you are trying to promote.

With your backlinks, a suggestion is type your keyword + blogs into google and see what sites are ranking. Read their articles and then comment on them (in a polite and constructive way). Usually when you comment you can place your website url. Don't link back to your main page but to the page on your site which has the relevent content to the blog post you are commenting on. This will give you good link juice.

I could go on but I hope this helps you a little.

MI
Back