The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Question about Amazon affiliates

sqrtalk

affiliate
Amazon says you can't state the price of items but in my review site, I try to give a ballpark price such as retails for about $500. Is that still illegal even though I don't mention Amazon, but do link to their site for the "Buy now" link?

Also, what are Amazon's requirements for text links? I've read that putting "this is my favorite camera", where the word this is an affiliate link is against their TOS. Is that true?

First of all -- Amazon is not a sovereignty with LAWS.
Businesses have rules or allowed practices stated in their contracts --- these are collectively are called *terms* or sometimes policies. Or, covenents of a contract.

Check current low price <<< should work. Amazon prices change constantly adjusting to market conditions is the reasoning (I think).

Hope someone knows an exact answer that works with Amazon ...

Amazon can be pretty harsh with their bans so I've just decided not to post any prices, even ballpark prices. I guess it isn't as informative to readers, but at least it makes them click the affiliate links to see prices.

i think they say so because there prices changes from time to time .. like the price might go down to 400$ when in your post you stated 500$ which means it will discourage buyers ... that my thinking

In my experience working with Amazon, it's best to use their API to list real-time prices. If not, you will most likely be banned. If you don't have access to the API, don't list prices.

banners
Back