The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Q&A with Dmytro, Head of Affiliates at VortexAds

Lina Le

Affiliate Network
Affiliate Manager
VORTEX: iGaming & Dating Offers, In-house Smartlink | GET BONUS FOR PPC TRAFFIC
Today we talk to Dmytro (Head of Affiliate Team at Vortex) about his affiliate marketing journey, how the Vortex team works in a war environment, and also make some predictions about the gambling vertical for the near future (dying approaches, relevant funnels, and much more).

dmytro2.png

Hi Dmytro! Let's start with an easy one: tell us more about yourself for those who don't know a lot about you (of course if such people still exist in our field). How did you begin your path in affiliate marketing and what are you doing now?

Hi! I began my path at the end of 2017 as an affiliate manager at a not really famous network that drove traffic for installs, but I didn't stay there for a long. In the middle of 2018, I joined VortexAds also as affiliate manager, and at the beginning of 2020, I became Head of Affiliates. So, I'm in the sphere for almost 5 years.

Being a Head of Affiliates, what are your tasks now? Do you still work with affiliates directly?

It's team management. Now I no longer support affiliate accounts, I've already distributed them among our managers. Although, I keep in touch with many
of our partners to stay up to date and not to keep me from being forgotten, sure ;)

Let's talk about a thing worrying a lot of us. Was the market changed under war conditions? How was the VortexAds team affected by what happened?

From the end of February to the beginning of March we saw a little volume dropping because of our team relocating. Our Ukrainian partners had the same problems because nobody expected that such events got started. However, in April we didn't only return to previous volumes but also increased it in contrast to what we had in December and January.

What is the situation in the gambling vertical? It's certainly not showing down and doesn't give in to such popular vertical as crypto/FX. Based on your observations, what sources/approaches give the highest volumes last six months?

Sources are the same as usually: Facebook, Google and TikTok. Our work experience with TikTok is less than with others but I know that a lot of top media buying teams show incredible results for gambling.
As for approaches, there's nothing fundamentally new: news, emotions, success.
Recently ASO is becoming more and more popular.

Read more in our recent article about development and changes in the gambling vertical, difficulties usually faced by webs, and offers that you should test now :)

If you have any questions to Dmytro, feel free to ask it in this thread!

MI
Back