The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Progress!...and SEO FAIL

tl_c

affiliate
Well, I'm happy to report that I have my site up and running, and I continue to post new content daily. It's fun! I'm looking forward to getting my first sale...

However, I found that Google has indexed a cached version of my site. That's not helpful. at. all. What the what? So, I did some research and added some script to my site to prevent the robots from doing that, and I am now waiting for Google to update my site in its search results. Grrrr.

I'm mystified. Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks!

hi mate just keep making improvements to the site until google looks at it again so it is as good as possible. Also try get tonnes of backlinks to your site so it looks more important.

However, I found that Google has indexed a cached version of my site. That's not helpful. at. all. What the what? So, I did some research and added some script to my site to prevent the robots from doing that, and I am now waiting for Google to update my site in its search results.

What do you mean by "Google has indexed a cached version of my site" exactly? And what did you do to try to stop it?

Google caches pages of a site as it crawls the site. This is normal and a good thing. Blocking it may have undesirable results, if it works at all.

If what you are trying to do is incre4ase the crawl frequency, you're on the wrong track there. You don't have much influence on how frequently Googlebot crawls your site and what influence you do have will slow it down, not speed it up.

Your best bet is to:

1. submit a site map
  2. update your content frequently
  3. submit new sitemaps when your content updates

Well, I'm happy to report that I have my site up and running, and I continue to post new content daily. It's fun! I'm looking forward to getting my first sale...

You remind me of me a few years ago. Stick to it, it's worth it

I think you should focus on putting good content on your site and getting backlinks.

Don't forget to apply simple on page SEO principles to your content

MI
Back