The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Product Payment page [affiliate = none]

Fall-down

I generated a product link at Clickbank and for the first time I followed it all the way to the payment page. And at the bottom I noticed [affiliate = none] instead of affiliate = my nickname. Now if this is happening to me, then how many sales are being lost?

My browser privacy setting is the default medium setting, and I am assuming most every-ones is the same. My question is:
1) is this link some kind of tracking cookie?
2) is there some way to ensure that my nickname makes it to the payment page?
3) do I have to add some code to my site page?
4) does my nickname not making it to the end, have to do with third party cookies and W3C Recommendations?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi Fall-down,
Without seeing the link that you're using, there's no way to tell whether it's a valid ClickBank link (which, if you get your nickname wrong, ClickBank will not assign an affiliate cookie).

It could do with your privacy settings, whether you left the page and then went back to it without clicking through your affiliate link, and it could with your browser's privacy settings.

Also, if you're embedding the link in a page on your site (i.e. displaying a page to the visitor while requesting the ClickBank link from your page), then the cookie will not be dropped because most privacy settings don't accept cookies from third party sites. Once the visitor is not at the ClickBank product page, it's considered a third party site. Gosh I hope that makes sense. LOL

Is this problem repeated each time you click on the link? If so, I'd double check the link and make sure that you're set to accept cookies.

~ Teli

banners
Back