The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Prepaid CPA. Are they all scammers?

sjTN

affiliate
Through all my time dealing with prepaid affiliates...are there any truly good ones out there? Specifically in the CFD/Forex niche.

They all charge an arm and a leg, yet deliver at best a pinky. And most of the ''clients'' they bring in, haven't a clue what my company offers...they all seem to believe it's managed investing accounts, or crypto and so on.

Every single one I've dealt with so far are promising the world.

Utter madness.

Any good ones out there? Proof me wrong.

This is my first time of hearing about Prepaid CPA. Never knew such exists. Would definitely like to know more about this.

This is my first time of hearing about Prepaid CPA. Never knew such exists. Would definitely like to know more about this.

We prepay for each client...say we want 20 leads, they'll charge us €500 upfront. They'll continue sending us leads (at a slow pace so lets say around 20 a day), each time someone makes a deposit (typically very low around 50-200 euro). Now you can see, paying 10K upfront and get, at best, 4K in return, isn't great business.

Correct, they take a 1 time payment, but the clients all these companies I've dealt with so far...are under the impression we do managed accounts or buying any form of crypto currency on our platform (we offer neither). So obviously these people want their money back...but the affiliate at this point doesn't care. To their mind, a deposit has been made so that's final.

This pre-payment seems to be the modus operandi in the forex/CFD business. Talking to anyone so far and offering them very high commissions (surely if their good at what they do they'll stand behind their work and stand to earn much more money!) falls on deaf ears.

Bizarre.

It's called 'risk transfer' sort of like the term used in the insurance business.

You are paying THEM a premium (up front fee) instead of them (the affiliate) risking their advertising or media capital on YOUR business.

So their traffic is crap or your business offer is not converting ... Probably, the truth is somewhere in the middle ...

Do you BUY (risk your capital) on advertising (display, push, email newsletters) that has been PROVEN to convert for you (your business offer)? Are you comparing apples and apples or crying over bananas?

It's called 'risk transfer' sort of like the term used in the insurance business.

You are paying THEM a premium (up front fee) instead of them (the affiliate) risking their advertising or media capital on YOUR business.

So their traffic is crap or your business offer is not converting ... Probably, the truth is somewhere in the middle ...

Do you BUY (risk your capital) on advertising (display, push, email newsletters) that has been PROVEN to convert for you (your business offer)? Are you comparing apples and apples or crying over bananas?
We're basically vetting all the affiliates we get in touch with...quite simply what ad they'll use for starters. Many use crypto get rich quick scheme ads, using celebrity names who ''made fortunes using xyz crypto currency having invested only €250" type adverts. We don't even offer crypto on our site!

Converting these people is quite easy, hell, most of them put money on without us even having the chance to talk to them, but they expect a completely different thing (i.e. buy a crypto coin that they've been told will go to the moon, or that their money will be managed by us trading it for them...). None of the things these affiliates send us are a service we actually offer!

Their excuse is always the same ''its up to you to extract more money out of them''...which is fine if they actually got us people that where even remotely interested in trading, but the only way to get more money out of these people is by lying to them...which is of course immoral and absolutely pointless.

Still I have not met a single affiliate that stands behind their work so far (within the forex/cfd niche).

We prepay for each client...say we want 20 leads, they'll charge us €500 upfront. They'll continue sending us leads (at a slow pace so lets say around 20 a day), each time someone makes a deposit (typically very low around 50-200 euro). Now you can see, paying 10K upfront and get, at best, 4K in return, isn't great business.

Correct, they take a 1 time payment, but the clients all these companies I've dealt with so far...are under the impression we do managed accounts or buying any form of crypto currency on our platform (we offer neither). So obviously these people want their money back...but the affiliate at this point doesn't care. To their mind, a deposit has been made so that's final.

This pre-payment seems to be the modus operandi in the forex/CFD business. Talking to anyone so far and offering them very high commissions (surely if their good at what they do they'll stand behind their work and stand to earn much more money!) falls on deaf ears.

Bizarre.

Ah! that is wrong that they don't refund you, if they don't refund then there should be a "No Refund Policy" made clear to you on time. Thanks for the explanation.

Then buy your own ads if your program makes money ... why is that so hard ...

The problem with this whole affiliate idea is getting an affiliate to risk their time and money on your business.
Why do affiliates think you are a bad risk and want to be paid money up front -- they don't trust you or think you are reliable/competent. Spare me the Bullshit --that is the problem

Get your business registered here so we know who you are -- that would be a good start.

Internet FOREX is very scammy to start with. Real, serious investors like to deal with registered brokers in New York or London and not shake-and-bake, churn-and-burn internet brokers in Cypress or the Isle of Mann.

Last edited:
We're basically vetting all the affiliates we get in touch with...quite simply what ad they'll use for starters. Many use crypto get rich quick scheme ads, using celebrity names who ''made fortunes using xyz crypto currency having invested only €250" type adverts. We don't even offer crypto on our site!

Converting these people is quite easy, hell, most of them put money on without us even having the chance to talk to them, but they expect a completely different thing (i.e. buy a crypto coin that they've been told will go to the moon, or that their money will be managed by us trading it for them...). None of the things these affiliates send us are a service we actually offer!

Their excuse is always the same ''its up to you to extract more money out of them''...which is fine if they actually got us people that where even remotely interested in trading, but the only way to get more money out of these people is by lying to them...which is of course immoral and absolutely pointless.

Still I have not met a single affiliate that stands behind their work so far (within the forex/cfd niche).

Crypto will surely go to the moon. 100% and it's not far. I support crypto more than 100% if there was a value like that. Soon Moon. Surely!

Then buy your own ads if your program makes money ... why is that so hard ...

Internet FOREX is very scammy to start with. Real, serious investors like to deal with registered brokers in New York or London and not shake-and-bake, churn-and-burn internet brokers in Cypress or the Isle of Mann.
See that's the problem, we expect the affiliate to do the job described. If I had the time/knowledge to do my own affiliate program that's what I'd do! We are fully regulated under a bank license, so far from a scummy broker.

Expect-- what an ass
People that advertise your program trust you for whatever reason or want money up front because they don't.
Or, you were lame enough to get scammed and come crying about it -- what does that say?
Get YOUR wallet out and buy the ads ... Good luck to you ;)
The affiliate knowingly put up false adverts, and I'm the ass?

Yep the guy who gets scammed is always the ass.
I could callout some adverting networks on not performing (bots and garbage traffic) but I got scammed for less than $100 and yes; I was the ass that got clipped.
Not worth the trouble for chump change. Move on and don't get burned again.

I don't know about you --but I have taken many losses on people owing me money. I have about $40,000 in Mechanic's Liens (property liens) unpaid from my construction company from years ago --I can wipe my ass with those now and I had to pay for any materials I provided and labor I hired.

I just got done with a long term business relationship with a webcam company that maybe shaved over $100K from me over 14 years. Sword cuts both ways ...

Do the people asking you for money provide you with references other than some random Skype name BS? Do you even require that. Make them prove reliability to your satisfaction before you advance them money. That will cut down the losses fast.
Yep we had references. We got part of the money back but it's beside the point.

Expect-- what an ass
People that advertise your program trust you for whatever reason or want money up front because they don't.
Or, you were lame enough to get scammed and come crying about it -- what does that say?
Get YOUR wallet out and buy the ads ... Good luck to you ;)

Crypto does not seem to be slowing down and with facebook's Libra launching next year, it will soon become a recognisable currency

Crypto does not seem to be slowing down and with facebook's Libra launching next year, it will soon become a recognisable currency
Correct, but we don't offer it on our platform, so getting customers in under the impression we've got crypto is false...

Yep the guy who gets scammed is always the ass.
I could callout some adverting networks on not performing (bots and garbage traffic) but I got scammed for less than $100 and yes; I was the ass that got clipped.
Not worth the trouble for chump change. Move on and don't get burned again.

I don't know about you --but I have taken many losses on people owing me money. I have about $40,000 in Mechanic's Liens (property liens) unpaid from my construction company from years ago --I can wipe my ass with those now and I had to pay for any materials I provided and labor I hired.

I just got done with a long term business relationship with a webcam company that maybe shaved over $100K from me over 14 years. Sword cuts both ways ...

Do the people asking you for money provide you with references other than some random Skype name BS? Do you even require that. Make them prove reliability to your satisfaction before you advance them money. That will cut down the losses fast.

The point is : you made a bad decision --don't make the same mistake again. Move on ...
Buy an ad or pay for performance.
People don't work on speculation unless they see a reasonable chance of profit ...

I don't necessarily agree with this

although there are a lot more affiliates asking for prepayment nowadays, I work with and continue to find new affiliates willing to start on NET 7. The question is if you have good references.

Net 7 is not prepaid
That time frame mitigates risk
Allows the other party cash flow to operate.

I have done affiliate deals that are basically 45-60 days net and not be paid interest. Long story. I spent some SEO time and that's it. That time delay is not a good unsecured capital investment opportunity as a bastard business partner.

Lol I know what NET 7 is and that it isn't prepayment

If I understood your previous comment correctly you were basically telling OP to either pay up front or to pay for his own ads.

I was saying that those aren't necessarily the only two options, but you need to have references in order for the majority of those wanting prepayment to agree to working on a NET payment schedule.

9/10 times prepay = scam

Pay on net terms. If the potential affiliate's traffic is sooooo good they'll have no problem doing that. If they don't want to work with you, well, then you know what's up.

The point is : you made a bad decision --don't make the same mistake again. Move on ...
Buy an ad or pay for performance.
People don't work on speculation unless they see a reasonable chance of profit ...

i have a feeling that YES,every fay i receive messages telling me we have traffic bla bla bla then they ask for prepay))
but also you can find well known agencies)

Partners, whos always asked me for prepay was always suspicion for me more than others.
So, yes, I'd recommend you to avoid prepayments for unknown affiliates. It's better to do a prepay for some network, in this case, it is much more safety.
Also, if you are able to rise the commission, that can motivate your partners to collaborate with your on post payment.

Net 7 is not prepaid
That time frame mitigates risk
Allows the other party cash flow to operate.
I work with and continue to find new affiliates willing to start on NET 7
That's a reasonable risk -- either party can pull the plug with little risk ...

I have done affiliate deals that are basically 45-60 days net and not be paid interest. Long story. I spent some SEO time and that's it. That time delay is not a good unsecured capital investment opportunity as a bastard business partner.

You missed the point -- people have enough trust in you to risk your converting their referrals reasonably well and that you will pay as agreed.

People demand money up front for 2 reasons
  1. they doubt you; or,
  2. they are scamming you.
At the end of the day: All the rest is crybaby bullshit. If you do not understand how to manage risk --stick to digging ditches for a wage.

MI
Back