The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

PR or traffic

gkd_uk

Hi

When I first entered the world of webmasters, i was really excited about PR. Now, I am more excited about SERPS and moving up in search engines. What are your feelings about PR and SERPS?

For me SERPs definitely, for the right site it directly converts to money because with one of my shopping site, one year we were on page 1 position 3 for a few months and we had about £100,000 increase in our turnover. (and that was not a type, it was one hundred thousand pounds increase).

So being on the right page and position in SERPs can seriously increase your wealth

I used to think PR was important and i still like it because it kind of tells people how important and how good the site is (I know it doesn't really but people that don't know what PR is, think PR tells you how good the site is).

I hate SERP's but only because i can't seem to get my pages anywhere near page one. Oh well, am paying lots of money for a new site with SEO so that will soon change

...i still like it because it kind of tells people how important and how good the site is...

Probably 90% web users have no idea what PR is and unless you selling links to other webmaster it means almost nothing...

Serps = traffic = money

If you sell actual products or ad space that should be your first priority... IMHO

These days page rank really only dictates the frequency in which your site gets crawled. Visits are where its at!

Nigel

PR means nothing to me and never will do.

I like it when I go to Google and search for a DIY related term and my site comes up at number one! That is much more satisfying than having a PR of 9 IMHO

I will take traffic por favor... PR means less now than it ever did. I think G made it less valuable by keep messing with the formula.

Well for me PR is more important and i still like it because it kind of tells people how important and how good the site is and then the site gets more traffic...

Forget PR. Bring on SERPs! Show me the money!!! Unless of course you're trying to sell your site - that may be different. I've seen a lot of buyers who are obsessed with PR and base their valuation on that.

MI
Back