The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

phpBB

Jimmy

SEOTalk Guru
I am a massive fan of phpBB but their slow development progress is very annoying. phpBB4 must be years away considering they haven't really hinted at starting on it. Don't get me wrong, I still love it :) What are your thoughts on phpBB at the moment?

I stopped using phpbb because of how complicated it is to use. They need simpler plugin system and easier to use acp. Or mybb is going to become more popular than it.

I stopped using phpbb because of how complicated it is to use. They need simpler plugin system and easier to use acp. Or mybb is going to become more popular than it.
I relish the challenge! Honestly, it improves my php skills :D
I agree that phpbb is slowly dying, though. XF develops twice as fast with half the developers.

I really dislike phpBB for their low amount of features. They never add any animations, they do not have a clean design, the software is basically outdated and it is really difficult to install plugins.

Its good and nice, though as you said they are slow developing and i guess they are not the only once to do so. I noticed most of the free forum software tends to do so as i guess they are not motivated to do things because they dont get payed enough.

When I was launching my forum, I installed phpBB. However, after navigating through the interface, I decide to try another forum software. When I began using MyBB, I forget about phpBB.

MI
Back