The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

PHP blog software

avivoosh

affiliate
Hi,

I have several blogs and would like to move them from the public arena ( blogger.com) to my own server.
I am looking for a good PHP compatible blog software.
My Admin guy suggested "BBlog". Did any of you guys ever heard and can comment about this software?

Can you recommend a good PHP blog software, easy to use and can be multi lingual?

Thank you

Multiple blogs

Thank you Linda for your answer...

Can I have multiple blogs with WP?
From what is mentioned on their site I cannot open more than 1 blog.

I would like to have a few blogs, is there another PHP Blog software that enables me this?

Thank,

avivoosh said:
Can I have multiple blogs with WP?
From what is mentioned on their site I cannot open more than 1 blog.

Actually, you can have as many WP blogs as you like, however, they would each need to be installed separately with a different prefix in the DB.

Create a database (call it 'wordpress' if you like), then for each of your WP powered blogs, open the wp-config-sample.php file and change the prefix (i.e. 'wp_') to something different for each blog, like wp2_, wp3_, and so forth, making sure to leave the database information the same.

The drawback would be that you cannot manage each blog from a single WP admin area.

WordPress also has a multi-user software called WPMU which allows for multiple installations. The software is still in beta and it's a good idea to have some technical knowledge.

If that's still out of your scope, there is a plugin called Multiply. It's important to note that because Multiply is a plugin that changes table structures, it may make upgrading to future installations of WordPress a pain in the butt.

However, if you're looking for blogging software that has multi-blog capabilities built in, then you'd want to look into a Movable Type or Expression Engine license (pMachine Pro is still free, however, it's not actively being developed and support is limited).

Also, b2evolution (branched from b2; WP is also branched from b2) allows for multiple blogs, but from what I can tell, the spam fighting is still lacking.

Hope that gives you some ideas :)

~ Teli

You can have more than one WP blog, just just need to do multiple installs so you have a WP blog for each.

Or you can use LifeType which is a multi-blog platform that has 50 templates so each blog can have it's own look. I'm experimenting with it for a new site.

StephenR one of our mods used to use b2evolution for his multi-blogs. I looked closely at that one but Revenue magazine uses it and had terrible spam problems. I've read it's not very good at handling spam.

Use Wordpress and if you have the extra money you can better search engine optimize your wordpress blog by picking up a copy of Semiologic. This turns your Wordpress blog into a fully functional content management system. I will be using this almost exclusively for all future site launches.

MI
Back