The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

People Stealing MY Affiliate ID

kaymeis

I need help here. I have a feeling people are stealing my affiliate link ID code. When I check the referring url column in my affiliate hits log, it's obvious the affiliate code has been taken out. When I click on the edited affiliate link, this is the message I get:

"Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Additionally, a 400 Bad Request error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Please how do I solve this? It's costing me commissions.

Thanx

400 is an error code --look at your page source --is that correct on your end?
Is the URL correct on the remote server's end? Try the link pasted into a fresh browser.

4xx is an HTML error message 404,403 are the common ones seen.
400 is a 'non specific *generic* error code.

400 is an error code --look at your page source --is that correct on your end?
Is the URL correct on the remote server's end? Try the link pasted into a fresh browser.

4xx is an HTML error message 404,403 are the common ones seen.
400 is a 'non specific *generic* error code.
I did that and got the same result. I've checked all affiliate links on my blog posts and they work perfectly. But when I check the referral URL in my hits log, it's obvious people have taken my ID out. It's completely different from my affiliate ID on my blog posts.

Did my hit show on toy *affiliate program's* statistics?
Many URLs are logged then 302 redirected to the target site.
So if you are using some 3rd party URL shortener > that may be your issue.
Not at all. I wish I could show you both my real affiliate link and the fake affiliate link that shows up on my hits log.

Why do you think people are really doing so ? What makes you think so ? You know you really can assume such cases only when you are somewhat really big affilaite with tons of traffic anyway and I bet that posts are not really the case, correct ?

Did my hit show on toy *affiliate program's* statistics?
Many URLs are logged then 302 redirected to the target site.
So if you are using some 3rd party URL shortener > that may be your issue.

your log where and what?
who coded 'your log'?

what determines what you say?
where did you get the link you DM'd me
is it the same as an official affiliate program (it went to a FOREX program) ez_____kts is that the correct affiliate program?
I got it from my merchant. The log I'm referring to is the hits log in my affiliate account. On second thoughts you may be right. I just discovered there may be issues with their server.

Last edited:
your log where and what?
who coded 'your log'?

what determines what you say?
where did you get the link you DM'd me
is it the same as an official affiliate program (it went to a FOREX program) ez_____kts is that the correct affiliate program?

banners
Back