The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Penguin update - Google Ranking Changes

Jane88

affiliate
Just after the penguin update, my site was ranked on the first page of Google for a one of our main keywords and linked through to the right landing page for around a week, it has now moved to the eight
page of Google for the same keyword. Can anybody tell me why this might be?

Google Penguin is an over-optimising penalty that focuses on trying to stop low quality websites from appearing towards the top of search engine rankings. Google considers these sites as SPAM as they do not always offer the user with the information they’re after. At the same time, many higher quality sites have struggled to compete with poorer quality sites that successfully manipulate search results using unethical SEO tactics.​

Can you come up with your site URL and the keyword please? I can help you in this in a much better way cause I know how to come out of Panda and Penguin penalty.

According to Wikipedia, the Google Penguin Update is aimed at decreasing search engine rankings of websites that violate Google’s Webmaster Guidelines by using black-hat SEO techniques such as keyword stuffing, cloaking, participating in link schemes, deliberate creation of duplicate content, and others.

If you've not been doing any of things, there is no reason that your site ends up being affected by that update.

penguins update mainly focused on decreasing the search engine ranking of the websites if they are involved into duplicate content, cloaking, link farming and keyword stuffing. so make sure your website is free from those.

Google Penguin is a code name for a Google algorithm update that was first announced on April 24, 2012. The update is aimed at decreasing search engine rankings of websites that violate Google’s Webmaster Guidelines by using now declared black-hat SEO techniques, such as keyword stuffing, cloaking, participating in link schemes, deliberate creation of duplicate content, and others.

i have not copied content but one of the sites I help to supervise are moved from page 1 to page 3 on Google. I am not sure why.

banners
Back