The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Peerfly Offer Using 7search

andyt74

affiliate
Okay this is a campaign I started a few weeks ago, as I only have a small budget it has taken some time to get some data.

Here is what I have so far:

3 ads on 7search, 2 to custom made landing pages and 1 direct link

48 keywords, at the moment to the direct link campaign, 7 keywords to the other 2 (I'm testing 2 strategies)

Total spend so far $14.96

conversions total $13.50 (conversions on 2 keywords)

Although this campaign has a negative ROI right now I will start optimizing a raise my daily budget.

I'm new to CPA so any opinions or advice from you guys would be most welcome.

i will try to update this case study regularly

UPDATE

Total spend so far $25.22

Revenue $18.00 (All from the direct link)

So at the moment I'm minus $7.22

Going to carry on tweeking

UPDATE

Spend so far $31

Revenue $22.50

minus $8.50

Traffic is coming in slowly despite the fact that I have raised bids on most keywords and I have average position 1-3 on most of that (I think the lowest was 4.7)

The latest conversion came from one of my landing pages.
I'm woking on a new lander to test, will update when I get more results.

So you switched from direct linking to lander? The key is to get this profitable and then gather all the demo's and data and take it somewhere you will get more volume! That's why I always recommend 7Search for those trying to learn PPC as it's quite forgiving! Bigger networks aren't!

What I feel is you need to work on your landing pages. Usually landing pages increase the conversion rate but in case it is vice-versa. I would suggest you to dump non-converting keywords, this way you can better optimize your campaigns.

Keep trying and track every possible thing you can. Tracking is an essential element of PPC which many new marketer tend to avoid.

What I feel is you need to work on your landing pages. Usually landing pages increase the conversion rate but in case it is vice-versa. I would suggest you to dump non-converting keywords, this way you can better optimize your campaigns.

Keep trying and track every possible thing you can. Tracking is an essential element of PPC which many new marketer tend to avoid.

Thanks for the advice. I'm using p202 for tracking at the moment, I'm okey with the direct links but I I'm having trouble tracking with the landing pages, it,s tracking clicks but I don't know how to get it to track keywords.

Your results are not that bad considering you are on a third tier network. It is good to gather all the data and see what works and what doesn't so you don't waste money in a larger network like K mentioned. This type of advertising is really for those who do like to tweak constantly.

Update

Ad spend so far $44.66
Revenue $40.50

minus $4.16

I have dumped a lot of non converting keywords and I am ranked no.1 for the best performing.

I have spent a lot of time trying to sort out my tracking problems, triple checked everything and now it,s tracking NOTHING.
i know that the tracking link takes people to my landing page and redirects to the correct offer because I have tested it. (I had to use a proxy for the test as I can't view the offer where I live, but even then it went to correct page). I also know that I've had at least 1 conversion through the tracking link but i don't know what keyword was used. So I'm not using p202 for the direct link campaign, I can see which keywords convert without it but I don't know what to do about the landing page campaigns.

i have also enabled sub id blocking with 7 search but so far I have not seen any reason to block any sub ids

I will carry on and update again soon.

Sounds good - keep collecting data, also i'd contact Luke about tracking he will point you in the right direction - are you using prosper?

Update: My campaign has made a profit!

Ad spend $48.94

Revenue $49.50

So at the moment I am 56 cents in profit! This also means I have made the minimum cash out on peerfly. (there was $1.40 from another campaign)

After going redoing everything step in the prosper 202 set up I am still not getting any data so for the time being I have given up on that.
So my plan is now to dump one of the landing page campaigns and keep the one that has been converting and I will track it using a pretty link on both Ingoing and outgoing links to the landing page. I might not be able to see exactly which keywords convert but I will be able to see how many clicks go to the landing page and how many click through to the offer., and I can still get an idea which keywords are working with the keyword report on 7 search.

I'm also thinking of running a test on a bigger platform, I haven't decided which yet, maybe bing, facebook or plenty of fish.

I'l update again soon!

Sounds good - keep collecting data, also i'd contact Luke about tracking he will point you in the right direction - are you using prosper?

Thanks it would be great if you could do that because I would like to try again with prosper if I'm going to test on a bigger platform.

Update: My campaign has made a profit!

Ad spend $48.94

Revenue $49.50

So at the moment I am 56 cents in profit! This also means I have made the minimum cash out on peerfly. (there was $1.40 from another campaign)

After going redoing everything step in the prosper 202 set up I am still not getting any data so for the time being I have given up on that.
So my plan is now to dump one of the landing page campaigns and keep the one that has been converting and I will track it using a pretty link on both Ingoing and outgoing links to the landing page. I might not be able to see exactly which keywords convert but I will be able to see how many clicks go to the landing page and how many click through to the offer., and I can still get an idea which keywords are working with the keyword report on 7 search.

I'm also thinking of running a test on a bigger platform, I haven't decided which yet, maybe bing, facebook or plenty of fish.

I'l update again soon!

You should get your keyword tracking sorted out before moving to a bigger platform. Knowing exactly which keywords are converting can make or break a campaign especially on the bigger networks

MI
Back