The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Paypal donate?

Dylantk

affiliate
I'm thinking of adding A paypal donate button to my site with the cause of using any donations to add to my site? Is this A bad idea?

Some people do it so I guess maybe it's OK. Not sure it's a very good idea, but also not sure there is anything wrong with it. I would definitely track your visitor stats to be sure it isn't having any affect on your traffic, stickyness or # of people bookmarking.

I don't know anyone that has ever been turned off by a site before because it unobtrusively gave the option to make donations. As long as you aren't having windows pop up etc. throwing the request in their faces, I'm sure you will have no negative traffic effects. On the plus side, you may just get some donations.

Tried it twice through the years - was a total bomb and I got some insults for doing it, too. My suggestion would be to give something away when someone donates - subscription, report, ebook ... something along those lines so people actually feel they're getting something for their donation.

Tried it twice through the years - was a total bomb and I got some insults for doing it, too. My suggestion would be to give something away when someone donates - subscription, report, ebook ... something along those lines so people actually feel they're getting something for their donation.

Ideally the site would be offering you exclusive or important enough info to warrant donating in the first place. If this isn't the case, you certainly can't expect people to offer you money for nothing. Have you considered creating a members only portion of the site, requiring membership fees.

certainly i can see the appeal of a donate button for someone who is offering free software / ebooks etc ...

but i do agree, i think, for a run of the mill site, people would wonder why it was there ... and also i can't imagine that the amount of donations would amount to very much

just my 2c :)

MI
Back