The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Paying for advert well in advance

temi

affiliate
I started a thread a while ago about my reluctance to pay for advert 6 months or longer in advance, here is a classic case.

This guy advertise on DP, sold 6 months advert to a few of us, we paid 6 months ahead, after a few week, he added nofollow to the links.

One of the other advertises seem to have found out..... and alerted the rest of us. This practise is happening more often this days so I caution again paying for advert months and months in advance.

Is there anyway if you pay through paypal to that person in 'said' that you could contact paypal about that and get your money back, I wonder.

Best advice is caution and nobody knows how long somebody may be around for any reason so a short term might be best unless you have a good guarantee of getting your money back if your advertisement is stopped at any point.

I'd only pay for a month at a time - cos I'd be paranoid about things like that.

Thats so harsh adding no follow though, there's not a lot you can do about it really is there?

Is there anyway if you pay through paypal to that person in 'said' that you could contact paypal about that and get your money back, I wonder.

When you have a dispute over what paypal calls intangible goods, you chances of getting you money back is almost zero.

All they seem capable of is good, they want to know if the good arrived or not, usually difficult to tell them that advert is now goods but services, and once you mention services, they usually say they cannot help.

Thanks for alerting about this, Temi.
I will be careful about it in the future, if and when I decide to buy links that is! :)

Can you not start a thread at DP - stating the this guy whatever name has done this and pm all those listed in the thread to check it out & leave negative feedback!

Will this not help? or does the person re-register with another name on DP and carry on the same thing again & again?

The problem is with DP I've found that if you do start an open thread like that, you could damage your own reputation or even be banned. The thread'll be closed by the mods saying "You should take it up with the person you carried out the transaction with". I did it when I got no response from somebody who screwed me, and I got an infraction and the thread closed.

There's a few good things, but a hell of a lot wrong with that forum. If the mods were more active, rather than "promenant webmasters" who are far too busy with things (I think Shoemoney is a mod?!?).

One of our new members Buffalo is a mod over at DP. She is one of the best mods there. If not the best.

Personally I can't stand the place. It's filled with a bunch of....I won't say it here.

Temi, I suggest shooting Buffy a PM. She is great and will try to help you out anyway she can.

KP

I must remember to keep a record of the deals I have done and check back. I usually just forget about it. There are some great deals to be had on Dp, but there is a lot of noise. I found a great guy with a blog network that I can recommend for contextual links.

I am a founder member of Dp, having been invited over by Shawn when he was a regular at Highrankings where I am a mod. there is STILL a lotof good stuff there, but due to it's popularity, you have to wade through mountains of crap posted by wanabees to find it :)

I am a founder member of Dp, having been invited over by Shawn when he was a regular at Highrankings where I am a mod. there is STILL a lotof good stuff there, but due to it's popularity, you have to wade through mountains of crap posted by wanabees to find it :)

Respect to OWG, when was it founded out of interest?

Tony

banners
Back