The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Pay Per Call - How-To Get & Maintain Cap

jaimmie

affiliate
Pay Per Call is profitable, very profitable - from pop traffic on Tech Support to Search traffic for Medicare, home service, insurance etc. - but it's a whole different ballgame when comparing it to the good old CPA you're used to.

Don't let change scare you off - a new sport means new rules, but it can also create a lot more opportunity when you're ahead of the learning curve.

Most Affiliates want a lot of cap so they can just blast the offers with traffic - I mean who wouldn't, the ROI is huge on Pay Per Call – but not even the most super of super affiliates can make that happen overnight, and the reason is pretty straight forward…

The Basics
Call centres have actual people aka call centre agents sitting in a room, getting paid by the hour to answer calls. This means they can only answer a certain number of calls per hour, and each agent can only take one call at a time.

What this means is that even with a test cap, you should try and pace your calls over the whole day – or the hours the call centre is actually open for.

How to increase your Cap
As you grow your cap with a network, the call centre is growing its staff to accommodate the increased volume. We know that traffic sources and accounts can go down or for whatever reason, traffic is just not rolling into the offer that day.

As your cap increases, the number of agents needs to increase and vice-versa, if the traffic decreases, the number of agents decreases. With the human element involved in the process, it’s even more important than ever to manage your traffic for maximum results.

Communication = Success in Pay Per Call
In order to maintain your cap and preference with the advertiser it is important you communicate if you cannot hit a cap – creating a symbiotic relationship between you and the call centre, ensuring maximum conversion and success. The call centres would rather send agents home for the day, than keep paying them to sit there without calls coming in.

So stay on top of your traffic and keep communication flowing to maximize the potential of the Pay Per Call market – attention to detail can be the real difference maker.

At F5 Media we have an Affiliate Manager dedicated to helping Pay Per Call publishers - feel free to email her at Georgia@F5Media.com and sign up with us as an Affiliate

Last edited:
Good stuff!

It's so true, pay per call happens in real-time. You need people to speak with people, which is something new for publishers, something they're not used to.

There are certainly some differences - phone numbers instead of tracking links, duration based conversions, limitations on tracking etc.

But, the opportunity is there and more and more publishers are trying it out, and succeeding!

Thanks for sharing Jaimmie.

Hey Pay Per Call-ers!

Just wanted to introduce myself. As Jaimmie mentioned - I am F5 Media's designated Affiliate Manager in Pay Per Call.

If anyone is interested in learning a bit more (if you are just starting out) or want to talk business feel free to add me to skype (georgiaf5media) and let's hop on a call and get the ball rolling!

I have just tried to sign up to F5, but in Q10 when it is asking for my URL, it won't accept a valid URL. Please advise.
you need http:// before the link for it to go through - apologies for any confusion. We will update the application going forward to make that clear. Thanks for letting us know!

Hi Jaimmie, Do you accept people who are not with STM also.
When I check ed your site, it asks for whether we are affiliated with STM as the first question.
Also pls let me know your screening criterion , I dont want to get embarrassed for being an Indian.

When I check ed your site, it asks for whether we are affiliated with STM as the first question.
Also pls let me know your screening criterion , I dont want to get embarrassed for being an Indian.

Being a member of StackThatMoney.com is not a requirement to be an Affiliate with F5 Media.

When screening new Affiliates we are looking to see examples of your experience in Affiliate Marketing and why you are looking to join F5 Media. In order to maintain our advertiser relationships, we need to ensure our affiliate basis aligns with the offers we host and all of the restrictions they have.

After you apply, we send an initial email with a few questions and ask to schedule a time for a phone call interview. We will not approve applications without a phone call.

I'm sorry to hear you've had experiences with networks that have embarrassed you for your nationality - this industry is founded on international relationships, and we do not have a policy to discriminate against anyones nationality or religion.

However, as we only have english speaking staff - myself and georgia also speak french - these are the only languages we can conduct Affiliate interviews in.

@jaimmie Nice post.

I am also Indian, i got accepted very easily in F5.
F5 Media is a great network. They have lots of great offers to promote.

Pay Per Call is profitable, very profitable - from pop traffic on Tech Support to Search traffic for Medicare, home service, insurance etc. - but it's a whole different ballgame when comparing it to the good old CPA you're used to.

Don't let change scare you off - a new sport means new rules, but it can also create a lot more opportunity when you're ahead of the learning curve.

Most Affiliates want a lot of cap so they can just blast the offers with traffic - I mean who wouldn't, the ROI is huge on Pay Per Call – but not even the most super of super affiliates can make that happen overnight, and the reason is pretty straight forward…

The Basics
Call centres have actual people aka call centre agents sitting in a room, getting paid by the hour to answer calls. This means they can only answer a certain number of calls per hour, and each agent can only take one call at a time.

What this means is that even with a test cap, you should try and pace your calls over the whole day – or the hours the call centre is actually open for.

How to increase your Cap
As you grow your cap with a network, the call centre is growing its staff to accommodate the increased volume. We know that traffic sources and accounts can go down or for whatever reason, traffic is just not rolling into the offer that day.

As your cap increases, the number of agents needs to increase and vice-versa, if the traffic decreases, the number of agents decreases. With the human element involved in the process, it’s even more important than ever to manage your traffic for maximum results.

Communication = Success in Pay Per Call
In order to maintain your cap and preference with the advertiser it is important you communicate if you cannot hit a cap – creating a symbiotic relationship between you and the call centre, ensuring maximum conversion and success. The call centres would rather send agents home for the day, than keep paying them to sit there without calls coming in.

So stay on top of your traffic and keep communication flowing to maximize the potential of the Pay Per Call market – attention to detail can be the real difference maker.

At F5 Media we have an Affiliate Manager dedicated to helping Pay Per Call publishers - feel free to email her at Georgia@F5Media.com and sign up with us as an Affiliate
very cool Jaime! I actually run a pay per call marketplace! I would like to get in touch with you or any affiliates willing to work with us :)

Hey Pay Per Call-ers!

Just wanted to introduce myself. As Jaimmie mentioned - I am F5 Media's designated Affiliate Manager in Pay Per Call.

If anyone is interested in learning a bit more (if you are just starting out) or want to talk business feel free to add me to skype (georgiaf5media) and let's hop on a call and get the ball rolling!

Hi @GeorgiaF5 and @jaimmie
I have just applied.
LevelUpSEM.com

Being a member of StackThatMoney.com is not a requirement to be an Affiliate with F5 Media.

When screening new Affiliates we are looking to see examples of your experience in Affiliate Marketing and why you are looking to join F5 Media. In order to maintain our advertiser relationships, we need to ensure our affiliate basis aligns with the offers we host and all of the restrictions they have.

After you apply, we send an initial email with a few questions and ask to schedule a time for a phone call interview. We will not approve applications without a phone call.

I'm sorry to hear you've had experiences with networks that have embarrassed you for your nationality - this industry is founded on international relationships, and we do not have a policy to discriminate against anyones nationality or religion.

However, as we only have english speaking staff - myself and georgia also speak french - these are the only languages we can conduct Affiliate interviews in.
I want to join F5 Media what kind of experience you accept.I am affiliate marketer last 3 years I have experience in Max bounty,click bank.Can you accept.

MI
Back