The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Own Website or Landing Pg Strategy?

AmNovice

Hey everyone,

Is it better to build out your own website and focus on a specific niche, post affiliate offers on this site, and pay for traffic in order to monetize it, OR go the landing page route? I guess the advantage to the landing pg strategy is that you can focus on many different verticals, whereas with the website, you're stuck with one niche more or less.

If you have experience doing both, which way worked better for you?

Many thanks.

If you do the landing page and click-through to the offer --it's the simplest way but you get 1 shot on that landing page 99% of the time for each ad referral.
Remarketing redundancies and email squeeze would alter the odds but make the schema more complex --long term contact is the objective here.
A website is a business with return traffic but requires constant content creation as the price and also some technical management and advanced hosing requirements (usually).
Pick your poison --people succeed and fail with either ...

If you do the landing page and click-through to the offer --it's the simplest way but you get 1 shot on that landing page 99% of the time for each ad referral.
Remarketing redundancies and email squeeze would alter the odds but make the schema more complex --long term contact is the objective here.
A website is a business with return traffic but requires constant content creation as the price and also some technical management and advanced hosing requirements (usually).
Pick your poison --people succeed and fail with either ...

Pick your poison or your fruit haha? I'm just a bit lost as to where I would like to start. Initially I was thinking I go into Native and Push and just sign up with good CPA newtorks to drive traffic to good landing pages. Now I'm also open to the idea of having my own site that will focus on a specific niche where I can do email capture and post affiliate links. Having my own site might also make my life easier as I assume I will have less trouble getting approved to promote on FB/Google. I would prefer to monetize this site by still paying for traffic as opposed to waiting a year + to build authority through SEO. For example, rather than using Native/Push to drive traffic to landing pages, I can use those methods to drive the traffic straight to my own website, and deep link to the affiliate offer that's on my site. Buying traffic on FB and Google would also be something I'd implement.

Downside to having my own site would be that I would constantly have to add new content? The beauty of running Native/Push on CPA networks is building a landing page unique to each offer and that's it. (aside from of course the work that needs to be done surrounding creatives, testing, and optimizing)

Hi AmNovice,
Landing page is a good way to go, especially since you can find free generators and tools such as Wordpress. It has free themes that allow you to turn your website into a landing page. It is worth taking some time to work on this.

Good luck, Marta, MyLead.

Well if you focus on landing page then its almost for list building ,with a website you can create content etc .Now you must decide what you want

Affiliates are getting benefited from both the options websites and landing pages. but to choose one of them is a completely individual choice if you are good at creating and sharing content and you are a person with good writing skills then the website is a good option for you but here limitation is one site you can focus on one niche only.
The website will help you to become an authority in a particular niche and will allow you to promote multiple products
in the same niche but its long term game you need to put consistent efforts to bring website with SEO compliance.

on the other hand for landing page creation, you just need to write catchy headlines and some sales scripts with multi-niche can be targetted. A landing page is a faster option to earn money with paid ads option with less efforts required.

With your own website/blog you can build your own brand in a specific niche. You can then use social media to help you grow that brand and build a long term business with returning customers and you can also build relationships this way.

I personally prefer having my own website, but it takes some effort to keep it updated and post weekly.

Both ways are working pretty well. It is up to you which way you go ;)

banners
Back