The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Optimizing PPC Campagins

affilirant

Hi,

I currently have a campaign in Bing for a cpa offer, I am getting conversions and tracking to see which keywords are getting those conversions, what im confused about is how do I optimise my PPC campaign to get more conversions. Do I focus just on the keywords that are converting and if so how many keywords should I be waiting for before I focus on just these and exclude the others or do I just exclude keywords that are getting clicks but not converting.

Appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks
Rob

Hi Rob,

few tips from me
1) figure out what keys are giving you the major revenue, and scale them
2) figure out what words are useless and get rid of them
3) figure out long-tail keywords. They sometimes can give you much good traffic as they are very specific
4) play with cost, it will help you gain much traffic

Hope this will help!

Hi Azgold, well im having issues with tracking at the moment so not much is happening as all conversions are blind as I cant see many of the keywords so at this moment I cant optimize.

Why? Aren't you using any kind of tracker for your campaign? Honestly, optimizing the campaign along the way(while getting data) is always a good idea else you would end up loosing money. Be more specific with your queries and help you are seeking and i will try to answer.
Hi Azgold, well im having issues with tracking at the moment so not much is happening as all conversions are blind as I cant see many of the keywords so at this moment I cant optimize.

Why? Aren't you using any kind of tracker for your campaign? Honestly, optimizing the campaign along the way(while getting data) is always a good idea else you would end up loosing money. Be more specific with your queries and help you are seeking and i will try to answer.

I am using tracking but most of the software to use requires a big learning curve, I am currently using The Bevo Media because its the best software I have come across that is more point and click rather than needing a degree in tacking to be able to use. I am just having trouble with tracking some keywords in Bing for some reason other traffic sources is fine but support is looking into it for me so I hope it its resolved soon.

Oh i see, Bing support is great. Tracking keywords is very important in PPC. Get it resolved sooner if you wanna optimize your campaign and make it profitable. I don't work with bevo so can't tell much more about but i am fine with voluum and bing tracking.
I am using tracking but most of the software to use requires a big learning curve, I am currently using The Bevo Media because its the best software I have come across that is more point and click rather than needing a degree in tacking to be able to use. I am just having trouble with tracking some keywords in Bing for some reason other traffic sources is fine but support is looking into it for me so I hope it its resolved soon.

Oh i see, Bing support is great. Tracking keywords is very important in PPC. Get it resolved sooner if you wanna optimize your campaign and make it profitable. I don't work with bevo so can't tell much more about but i am fine with voluum and bing tracking.

Actually I mean The Bevo Media support, but yes I agree Bing support is quite good.

I have used Bevo too and to this day, have trouble with my tracking variables. It's me, not them, I'm sure.

Are you doing CPA? If so, your network interface will tell you how to format your variables, I think. Different platforms use different formatting. I also got help from my AM once, who consulted with the tech people to tell me how to lay out my tracking link. :) How sad is that?

Anyway, you should be able to see your ###keyword### or {keyword} or whatever you need to use in Bevo under Custom Variables, maybe Visitor Spy for current or past campaigns.

Mind you, I used the portal for direct linking, may work differently for a lander but I don't think so, just have to place something on your lander or thank-you page, I think.

Edit - Oops, sorry. Just re-read your post. It's only Bing that's the problem. Sorry, I got nothin' except to ask Bevo. @tjtutor once told me that Bevo support is very responsive but I haven't tried, so can't say personally.

Hey azgold, so it turns out it was because for Bing I was also using pretty link so it wasn't returning all the keywords, I was getting {querystring} instead and of course all my traffic and conversions were coming from this. I removed the pretty link & put in the Bevo link and its now fine but I know that Bing are fussy with links used so im working with Bevo to get the pretty link to work correctly.

Hey azgold, so it turns out it was because for Bing I was also using pretty link so it wasn't returning all the keywords, I was getting {querystring} instead and of course all my traffic and conversions were coming from this. I removed the pretty link & put in the Bevo link and its now fine but I know that Bing are fussy with links used so im working with Bevo to get the pretty link to work correctly.

I say "good" for two reasons.

1. Bevo is being supportive
2. You're getting the solution, which is excellent!

Good luck with your campaign. Now, it's time for you to make some money. :)

MI
Back