The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Optimizing for a Single Keyword

bigcat1967

I have a website where I am #1 in a competetive niche (two keywords). However, I want to concentrate on a single keyword now and I see that I am at # 43 - not too far away.

I have never concentrated on a single keyword niche, but since I have a very good website that has a lot of info on it - I think I have a chance of getting to the first page over time. However, my plan of action is that I will be having someone write a lot of additional information for me and I will optimize the pages and place them on the site. I will be doing some backlinking as well as a little bit of social networking.

My question is this. Has anyone have experience concentrating on a one keyword niche? Also - I will be facing giants on the first page like wikipedia. Is there anyway I can beat them over time?

And one more question (I know - I have a lot of questions): How should I optimize the pages? Presently, my index page has a few links to the internal pages (anchor text of course) as well as internal pages cross-linking each other. However, someone was telling me that I should concentrate on writing a lot of internal pages that link back to the index page. Are they right about this?

I have had experience concentrating on one keyword but I found it alot more productive to concentrate on two or three keywords at any one time, this generated alot more backlinks whe I wrote articles and posted on forums with a signature but this is mostly for off page SEO. Deep linking to the home page within your website is always a good idea from an SEO point of view so create links within your website to the home page.

Not trying to hijack the thread, and surely not trying to sound stupid, but when you have "Keyword1 Keyword2" as your anchor in your backlinks; it does help with not only the two keywords combined but also with the individual keywords, right? So you actually have some support on the one keyword you're planning to target per your question here...

And one more question (I know - I have a lot of questions): How should I optimize the pages? Presently, my index page has a few links to the internal pages (anchor text of course) as well as internal pages cross-linking each other. However, someone was telling me that I should concentrate on writing a lot of internal pages that link back to the index page. Are they right about this?

OK - this is the last paragraph that I was asking about. Should I have a one word KW (primary of course) linking to my index page...but what about my "home" link on the footer? So if I have the one word anchor text on a secondary page linking back to my index page - but I also will have the home link linking back to my index page. So two internal link on one page linking to the index page. Is this good?

Also - what if I have many internal pages with the one KW anchor text linking back - would that be alright as well?

I hope I'm making sense here...

Does your one keyword contain more than one words seperate with blank space (compound word like "silver jewelry manufacturer"). I found that the order of these words has significant in google rank also.

And concentrate with only one keyword, I think it is rather risk to be discard from google when there is something wrong with SEO process.

I'm not sure that it is good to concentrate only on 1 keyword, firstly, on a single keyword your website will take longer to rise, and secondly, it's really risky, as LIEWnetwork said.

MI
Back