The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Optimize Your Tweets

bauss

affiliate
Do you optimize your tweets on Twitter?

Whenever I tweet I always include hashtags wheneveer possible, and tag users that I think might retweet my tweets. That's how I optimize my tweets, and it helps me gain more followers.

I don't. I know that I should do more, but I just feel spammy when I start tweaking it too much.

I do use hashtags if I'm part of a Twitter party. And I tag users if I'm talking to them or about them. That's about all I really do, though.

I don't. I know that I should do more, but I just feel spammy when I start tweaking it too much.

I do use hashtags if I'm part of a Twitter party. And I tag users if I'm talking to them or about them. That's about all I really do, though.

How is it spammy by using hashtags? If you fill your tweets with only hashtags then yes I agree it's spammy. But if you tweet something like "today I'm going to #makemoney" for example I don't think that's spammy, because you're just finishing what you're tweeting/saying and allowing users to find your tweets.

I set up my twitter share buttons on my website to automatically apply an @ to my sites twitter profile. This way I know when a tweet has been sent out and I can reward whoever sent it by visiting their profiles and helping them promote whatever they are interested in too. This, to me, is the essence of what social means.

Not only that but you need fresh content on your social profiles so when my visitors promote a post or comment of theirs they get some content, and possibly some new followers, of their own. It works all the way around.

The trouble is getting people to press the tweet button, it's not a popular thing to do for many. /shrug

Do you optimize your tweets on Twitter?

Whenever I tweet I always include hashtags wheneveer possible, and tag users that I think might retweet my tweets. That's how I optimize my tweets, and it helps me gain more followers.

When you tag users, are you tagging people whom you already follow or who follow you or are you tagging people you're not connected to at all?

When you tag users, are you tagging people whom you already follow or who follow you or are you tagging people you're not connected to at all?

I usually only tag users I personally know, but sometimes I make a exception if I want that person to see my tweet.

I have never used hash tags before. To be honest I didn't really understand what they were for. I will use them from now on and see if that helps me grow my following. Thanks for the tip!

They do work to help grow your following, they help people who look for hashtags find you, but it's hard to know which hashtags are actually popular. Not only that but if you've used the same hashtag a lot it gets harder to pick up new followers from that group.

I don't think Twitter adds your message to a hashtag until after your account is trusted enough in their network, you don't show up with a new account.

They do work to help grow your following, they help people who look for hashtags find you, but it's hard to know which hashtags are actually popular. Not only that but if you've used the same hashtag a lot it gets harder to pick up new followers from that group.

I don't think Twitter adds your message to a hashtag until after your account is trusted enough in their network, you don't show up with a new account.

If you use common terms like #business or #money people usually search for hashtags like that. I know I do. I search the hashtag #poker a lot in particular so I can find new twitter accounts in my niche that might follow me back.

I don't get a lot of followers from adding hashtags, but I do gain about 5-10 followers per week off of 1-2 daily tweets. So it's not that bad.

How is it spammy by using hashtags? If you fill your tweets with only hashtags then yes I agree it's spammy. But if you tweet something like "today I'm going to #makemoney" for example I don't think that's spammy, because you're just finishing what you're tweeting/saying and allowing users to find your tweets.

That's why I specifically said when I start "tweaking it too much." I do use them sometimes, but I don't think I need to add a hashtag or name to every single tweet either...and definitely not multiples in every single one.

They do work to help grow your following, they help people who look for hashtags find you, but it's hard to know which hashtags are actually popular.

I guess you could look at what is trending on Twitter's main page, but, part of the issue is, do you want to add your voice to the choir, or do you want to sing a solo? I wish there were some way to target trending niche hashtags.

I was unaware of this. We need to look into it and see if there is any truth to it and, if there is, what the exact rule is.

banners
Back