The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Opt-in Rate is absolutely abysmal...

KingFloof

affiliate
Hey everyone! I'm new to AffiliateFix and I just wanna say it's a true pleasure being able to be part of an affiliate marketing community because I have got one hell of a problem. I've been trying to start an email marketing campaign for a while now. I initially set up my squeeze page with a lead magnet, (Health/weight loss niche) wrote my emails, and, consequently, set up an autoresponder. Everything seemed in place and I was very excited to launch!

Using native advertising, I started my first campaign. Clicks were coming in like bejeesus, but there was just one issue: An absolutely appalling opt-in rate. My rate was at around 0.8%... Now I dunno if these are normal numbers but I truly doubt it, because this number just does not seem profitable to me at all. Either way, I knew an improvement was definitely possible so I scoured the internet for tips on how to improve a squeeze page. I took every piece of advice on the internet to heart and instantly got to work, changing this and tweaking that. Feeling good about the new look on my squeeze page, I decided to send some traffic once more. And again, the opt-in rate of 0.8% remained... (please note that I would record new statistics for each "run" so that I could track exactly how each squeeze page was performing)

Feeling beaten, I scoured the internet once more and found that I was actually missing a vital aspect: My heading and subheading weren't enticing at all. This had to be it. I was so convinced. I took my time trying to find a good heading and subheading until a smile came across my face and I knew- that opt-in rate was about to skyrocket. So I ordered some traffic once more and waited overnight to see the change I had been desperate for, just to be let down once again: The opt-in rate was still at 0.8%...

At this point, I really don't know what to do anymore. I've tried changing my squeeze page many times and changing traffic sources (ranging from CPC native advertising to solo ads, note that I paid for high-quality traffic and also low-quality traffic) and there has been no improvement whatsoever. I can look online as much as I like, but, ultimately, you can only read so many articles until you start reading the same tips over and over again.

I really don't want to give up on this, as I have invested so much time and effort, and being the owner of an online business is one of my biggest dreams. Any help at all is greatly appreciated! Regardless of my issue, I hope you all have a fantastic day and that your affiliate businesses are flourishing and prosperous :)

TLDR: I've been trying to set up a squeeze page for a while now, but am stuck on an opt-in rate of 0.8%. No matter what I do or what changes I try to make (even with all the advice the internet has to offer), nothing changes at all.

P.S.

I truly hope that I posted this thread to the right forum category. It's the only one I could find that was closest to the topic of my issue. If it's incorrect, please don't hesitate to inform me that this thread is misplaced and I'll happily repost it in the right category!
:)

Attached you can see the mobile and desktop version of what my squeeze page looks like. Any advice is very much appreciated! :D

Attachments

• Desktop.PNG
    Desktop.PNG
    214.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Mobile.PNG
    Mobile.PNG
    43.2 KB · Views: 12
WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
The page images look mediorcre to OK, not great ... Hospital green is not that exciting ...
You need a good image resized for both desktop and mobile (2 --load time)
How much traffic is real people and how much is just 'bots'?
That may very well be your problem.

I've tried changing my squeeze page many times and changing traffic sources (ranging from CPC native advertising to solo ads, note that I paid for high-quality traffic and also low-quality traffic)
  • The solo ad traffic should have a higher subscription/conversion --if you have inspected the traffic for quality, segregate the sources and look at the differences. That would maybe be your first clue.
  • Also, 0.8% is low but I often saw 2%± 0.1% free signups with emails (SOI) on 50,000± ~10% affiliate referrals per day.
  • Sample quantity is an issue of statistical reliability also.
  • Some AdWords (c. 2013) ratios were more like 20% to as high as 40% or so <very targeted traffic on the higher conversion --10x to 20x better with the same site and content.
  • Direct SE referral (SEO) conversion was 10% or so.
So, the ad quality makes a big difference.

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
The page images look mediorcre to OK, not great ... Hospital green is not that exciting ...
You need a good image resized for both desktop and mobile (2 --load time)
How much traffic is real people and how much is just 'bots'?
That may very well be your problem.

• The solo ad traffic should have a higher subscription/conversion --if you have inspected the traffic for quality, segregate the sources and look at the differences. That would maybe be your first clue.
  • Also, 0.8% is low but I often saw 2%± 0.1% free signups with emails (SOI) on 50,000± ~10% affiliate referrals per day.
  • Sample quantity is an issue of statistical reliability also.
  • Some AdWords (c. 2013) ratios were more like 20% to as high as 40% or so <very targeted traffic on the higher conversion --10x to 20x better with the same site and content.
  • Direct SE referral (SEO) conversion was 10% or so.
So, the ad quality makes a big difference.
Hey there Graybeard!

Thanks so much for the welcoming message and the fantastic reply! These are some truly new tips that I'll definitely be taking to heart :D You asked in your reply how much of my traffic is real people and how much just bots. I'm somewhat of a newbie so I hope I'm not asking stupid questions, but how do I figure out what traffic is bot traffic and which is real? Is there any way of figuring this out easily?

Using solo ads for my squeeze page, the people who opted in would basically instantly opt-out again. This was really unusual, as this wasn't happening at all with other forms of traffic that I had been trying. Could this maybe be a sign for bot traffic?

Another question I would have if you don't mind me asking is concerning the colors of my squeeze page. You mentioned that hospital green isn't exciting and looking back at it now, I completely agree. What would be some colors you could recommend if you have any particular ones that stand out for you?

I really hope I'm not asking too many questions, but you really seem to know your stuff and fantastic advice from a friendly and helpful person like you is just what I need :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my post, you really don't know how much I appreciate it!

Hey everyone! I'm new to AffiliateFix and I just wanna say it's a true pleasure being able to be part of an affiliate marketing community because I have got one hell of a problem. I've been trying to start an email marketing campaign for a while now. I initially set up my squeeze page with a lead magnet, (Health/weight loss niche) wrote my emails, and, consequently, set up an autoresponder. Everything seemed in place and I was very excited to launch!

Using native advertising, I started my first campaign. Clicks were coming in like bejeesus, but there was just one issue: An absolutely appalling opt-in rate. My rate was at around 0.8%... Now I dunno if these are normal numbers but I truly doubt it, because this number just does not seem profitable to me at all. Either way, I knew an improvement was definitely possible so I scoured the internet for tips on how to improve a squeeze page. I took every piece of advice on the internet to heart and instantly got to work, changing this and tweaking that. Feeling good about the new look on my squeeze page, I decided to send some traffic once more. And again, the opt-in rate of 0.8% remained... (please note that I would record new statistics for each "run" so that I could track exactly how each squeeze page was performing)

Feeling beaten, I scoured the internet once more and found that I was actually missing a vital aspect: My heading and subheading weren't enticing at all. This had to be it. I was so convinced. I took my time trying to find a good heading and subheading until a smile came across my face and I knew- that opt-in rate was about to skyrocket. So I ordered some traffic once more and waited overnight to see the change I had been desperate for, just to be let down once again: The opt-in rate was still at 0.8%...

At this point, I really don't know what to do anymore. I've tried changing my squeeze page many times and changing traffic sources (ranging from CPC native advertising to solo ads, note that I paid for high-quality traffic and also low-quality traffic) and there has been no improvement whatsoever. I can look online as much as I like, but, ultimately, you can only read so many articles until you start reading the same tips over and over again.

I really don't want to give up on this, as I have invested so much time and effort, and being the owner of an online business is one of my biggest dreams. Any help at all is greatly appreciated! Regardless of my issue, I hope you all have a fantastic day and that your affiliate businesses are flourishing and prosperous :)

TLDR: I've been trying to set up a squeeze page for a while now, but am stuck on an opt-in rate of 0.8%. No matter what I do or what changes I try to make (even with all the advice the internet has to offer), nothing changes at all.

P.S.

I truly hope that I posted this thread to the right forum category. It's the only one I could find that was closest to the topic of my issue. If it's incorrect, please don't hesitate to inform me that this thread is misplaced and I'll happily repost it in the right category!
:)

Attached you can see the mobile and desktop version of what my squeeze page looks like. Any advice is very much appreciated! :D
I feel your pain my friend. When I first began in marketing everything was going to work like magic! Yeah, that didn't happen. The good news is that many of us have gone there and had the same amount of success. Normally I would let you know that it is 1 of 2 or both of these things that need to be fixed. The landing page or the quality of your traffic. So if you don't mind I will just be straightforward with you.

1. WAAAY too many words on your optin page. Keep it straight to the point, you want them to take action not read a book.
2. That is NOT an enticing headline. Want to lose weight? Obviously that's why I clicked the link. "Want to get leaner, sexier and have more energy week after week?" HELL YESS!
3. Your graphic screams 12 year old clip art. See attached file
4. Color will make a huge impact in your conversions. When you don't know what's right...stick with black and white! Ugly sites just work! I am averaging 52-64% opt-ins.
5. Seriously, go through this link and check out this funnel. All free tools. amazing optin rates and sales that are regular and predictable (URGENT POLL - Project Page)
6. Reach out to me on FB if you want to talk more. I am not hard to find. I hope this helps you in the right direction.

Attachments

• download-1500x1748.png
    download-1500x1748.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
but how do I figure out what traffic is bot traffic and which is real? Is there any way of figuring this out easily?
easy is not --Yoda say
if you redirect with a JavaScript and a hostname check you will eliminate a lot of bot type traffic (hits in-hits out) using tracking parameter {tokens}

See these threads

easy is not --Yoda say
if you redirect with a JavaScript and a hostname check you will eliminate a lot of bot type traffic (hits in-hits out) using tracking parameter {tokens}

See these threads
Oh thanks a million for these links, I'll be sure to check them out! :)

I feel your pain my friend. When I first began in marketing everything was going to work like magic! Yeah, that didn't happen. The good news is that many of us have gone there and had the same amount of success. Normally I would let you know that it is 1 of 2 or both of these things that need to be fixed. The landing page or the quality of your traffic. So if you don't mind I will just be straightforward with you.
Oh man, these are some absolutely fantastic tips man! Truly appreciate the hell out of this reply. Thanks so much! Gonna get right on making the necessary changes :)

MI
Back