The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

One affiliate program or many ?

farmer

affiliate
Hi

I'm posting this question under newbie section because I'm sure most of you will know the answer.

Ok, I have a niche that I would like to build a website for. Problem is I can't figure out wether to use one affiliate program or many.

If I use one affiliate it will be in the form of a storefront website. In this form it makes sense to only use one affiliate otherwise things get complicated eg if a customer buys 3 different products from different affiliates they will have to pay postage for each individual product.

Option 2: Set up a website with multiple affiliates with image links and a short review of each.

From a marketing perspective which form would be better?

Any suggestions or examples will be much appreciated.

Thanks

My recommendation would be to try both on two different web sites and see which does best.

The down side of making yours a store front like site, especially if you use a datafeed, is that the search engines recognize these type sites as being similar. The review type site would be more unique and probably do better with SEO.

Others here will probably have some more to share, but that is my initial thoughts.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

great tip Ron. :)

and farmer, are you going to make any recommendation to your prosepcts in option 2? Or are you just going to let your prospects choose?

because people often leave a site when you don't have specific instruction for them.

it is not that option 2 won't work. just that you need to have some ways to be more specific so that they will know one of the product can really help them. or else, they are going to leave.

can you get them to sign up to your list. at least, you can still contact them when they leave your website.

and remember not to populate your website with too many affiliate images. your prospects might be overwhelmed.

I recommend concentrating on only 1 affiliate program at the time.When it starts to generate income, move on to the next.This way you can focus on this task and not be distracted.If you spread yourself too thin you will not get anything done.

From my experience of working with several programs within the same niche, each program will convert differently. While some prgrams will have high conversions, other will have medium and even much lower conversions.

To maximize your earnings, you would do better if you will work with several programs. With time, you will see which program(s) work best for you. Then, you can build a new site dedicated to the most converting program(s).

I hope that helps.

banners
Back