The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Old Clickbank product?

lotusindigo

affiliate
Would it be a bad idea to try to be an affiliate for a site that has a copyright of 2004? I just wanted to know if it's possible for a product to be too old for me to make a commission off of.

Hard to say. Have you checked to see if there are currently any searched for the product. That could tell you if there is still any demand.
I'd also wonder if the product had been updated and is current?

It's not really a product that can go stale. At least not in my opinion. The reason I asked is because I wondered if Clickbank would still be keeping track of it.

How would I be able to tell if there are any searches being done on the product?

What about a generic search.

What happens when you use SEOBook for the main keyword people would use to find a product like that? Example: the product is Gin Rummy Secrets - search how to play Gin Rummy? Don't know if that example applies. And not sure if 130 is enough to be worth it.

The 130 is an estimate and not a true number. BUT if people would search for the product by name and there WERE only 130 searches - considering you may only get 1% conversion that would only be one possible sale. I doubt it's that grim - but not enough info to go on.

FYI I tried to search on a fairly obscure term just to try to give you some idea about the potential demand. "Pink Stuffed Elephants" gets twice as many searches. :eek:

Also check to see how competitive KWs are. Google allintitle: keywords and allintitle: product name in quotes. How many competing pages?

banners
Back