The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Ok...I'm a Newbie as well! :)

J

JiggerbugByron

Hi everyone...

I just wanted to present myself; I am an Affiliate Manager with a website up on Commission Junction, and always are looking to improve the quality of service I provide to my affiliates, so that they in turn can be more productive...isn't that the point? ;)

One question: recently some of my Affiliates have been frustrated with certain changes CJ are making, and want to leave. If CJ is losing popularity, what are other top options?

Have a great day,

Byron Shirley,
Affiliate Manager

Jiggerbug.com

Welcome to 5 Star, JiggerbugByron.

I'm glad you joined us. Our members can be very helpful. Whenever you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

One alternative to Commission Junction that a lot of affiliates and merchants like is Shareasale http://www.shareasale.com

Thanks Lawree,

Do you know if running both Affiliate programs will cause issues?

What particular issues do you have in mind?

There are those who use both with no problem.

possible issues

For example, will the codes on my site interfere?

Also, there is no way for an Affiliate to sign up for both of my programs and register double the signups, right?

i need to check my notes, because I remember at the Affiliate Summit in Vegas this year, at the talk by Affilliate Classroom I think they said something about that. Did you attend that event?

Thanks,

Byron Shirley,
Affiliate Manager

Jiggerbug.com

Hi Byron,

Welcome to 5 Star. Partnercentric used to manage your affiliate program and I do promotion & PR for them. They could have handled these issues for you.

In a nutshell yes many affiliates are upset with CJ due to LMI. But lots of affiliates are still on CJ.

Affiliates really like ShareaSale as Larwee mentioned. Another good network is ShareResults who has a 5 star forum here.

In general if you have 2 different tracking systems in place you do need to be careful you aren't double paying. If a prospect clicked a SAS link and was cookied, then later bought through a CJ affiliate's link both networks would track it as a sale. There are a variety of ways merchants deal with this problem but I have never personally had to worry about it on programs I used to manage, so don't know exactly the best way to handle it.

banners
Back