The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

OH, Pick Me! Pick Me! Hands Up... newbie ???

Ben Coffman

affiliate
Total Newbie to Affiliate Marketing, don't want to veer too far off course and waste time.

In my research which just started today, I have been taking notes and applying as I go. I am brand new want to make sure I am moving in the correct direction.

I want to build multiple niche sites and through those promote affiliate products such as digital products, online course, and membership sites. I believe this is the CPD model.

Basing my research off of Jay Wessman (the lazy stoner) older Youtube video (which could be irrelevant) but it seems that the core principles would work.

This was what I dug up in my keyword research today, and from my understanding, I would say it is a right niche based on the data.

1. Using Google keyword, I found a niche that from the data the niche keyword is searched about 1k-10k each month. The related keywords are being searched 1k-10k times a month. A total of 7 keywords and everything else related to it is searched less than 100-1k times each month.

2. When you google the keywords, the top results are for medical write-ups, a Wikipedia article and then two blogs that are being used to promote an affiliate product. Several of the first page results aren't even referring to the keyword (s)
The same affiliate product is sold on both blogs. I think this is the only digital self-help product for the specific problem.

To me, it doesn't look super saturated or competitive from what I gathered above.

When looking for domain names I have noticed the specific keywords have been purchased already and resold for $3k. I wouldn't be able to afford a site domain name for that amount without getting a divorce first. JK!
My Questions?
*If I purchased a domain name with the keyword as a primary and a short Adj included would it get strong SEO credit from Google? $10 vs. $3k for a bit more effort in SEO seems reasonable.

*From the research stats above am I looking at the correct data to decide on a niche or missing something?

*Would it be profitable selling the exact affiliate product as the other two sellers that are ranking on the first page of Google? Especially once my site is ranking with them? I'm assuming the future buyer will base his purchase off of two things his connection with the storyteller (me) or just the page he finds first. I could build a stronger relationship with potential buyers through storytelling and end up with the customer, but this could be a wrong assumption.

Thank You, any insight will be helpful? If all of this has been answered please just provide a link as I have no problem looking it up.

Ben

*If I purchased a domain name with the keyword as a primary and a short Adj included would it get strong SEO credit from Google? $10 vs. $3k for a bit more effort in SEO seems reasonable.

Pick a domain name from those keywords, if none is available to make sure they keyword in in your domain irrespective of what adj you include.

*From the research stats above am I looking at the correct data to decide on a niche or missing something?

You are not missing anything but try other keyword planners tools too.

*Would it be profitable selling the exact affiliate product as the other two sellers that are ranking on the first page of Google? Especially once my site is ranking with them? I'm assuming the future buyer will base his purchase off of two things his connection with the storyteller (me) or just the page he finds first. I could build a stronger relationship with potential buyers through storytelling and end up with the customer, but this could be a wrong assumption.

Fight for the place, build your site. Make it odd one out [ in positive sense ofcourse]. Drench some sweat and learn SEO too and start creating backlinks for they keywords you want to rank for. Spy on your competitor backlinks and get them for yourself. LAZY STONER did things when his niche was unexplored by others, but he gave good tips for beginners to give a start.

Pick a domain name from those keywords, if none is available to make sure they keyword in in your domain irrespective of what adj you include.

You are not missing anything but try other keyword planners tools too.

Fight for the place, build your site. Make it odd one out [ in positive sense ofcourse]. Drench some sweat and learn SEO too and start creating backlinks for they keywords you want to rank for. Spy on your competitor backlinks and get them for yourself. LAZY STONER did things when his niche was unexplored by others, but he gave good tips for beginners to give a start.
Thanks, Brother your quick response is appreciated.

How's the competition for your niches? If it's high, you know that making it to the top of the SERPs is going to be a real challenge.

As @Kumar Rahul mentioned, give your site a unique angle, one that sets you apart from the other blogs/sites. And your plan to build relationships with your readers is a perfect strategy. People buy from people (not companies) and relationship building contributes to trust. Don't forget to capture their emails to build a list and give yourself another way to monetize.

As far as multiple niche sites, if you're going to do your own writing, have you considered whether or not you can keep up with an editorial calendar for each?

What you're considering is certainly achievable and we'll be watching your progress with interest! Let us know if you need help. :)

Total Newbie to Affiliate Marketing, don't want to veer too far off course and waste time.

In my research which just started today, I have been taking notes and applying as I go. I am brand new want to make sure I am moving in the correct direction.

I want to build multiple niche sites and through those promote affiliate products such as digital products, online course, and membership sites. I believe this is the CPD model.

Basing my research off of Jay Wessman (the lazy stoner) older Youtube video (which could be irrelevant) but it seems that the core principles would work.

This was what I dug up in my keyword research today, and from my understanding, I would say it is a right niche based on the data.

1. Using Google keyword, I found a niche that from the data the niche keyword is searched about 1k-10k each month. The related keywords are being searched 1k-10k times a month. A total of 7 keywords and everything else related to it is searched less than 100-1k times each month.

2. When you google the keywords, the top results are for medical write-ups, a Wikipedia article and then two blogs that are being used to promote an affiliate product. Several of the first page results aren't even referring to the keyword (s)
The same affiliate product is sold on both blogs. I think this is the only digital self-help product for the specific problem.

To me, it doesn't look super saturated or competitive from what I gathered above.

When looking for domain names I have noticed the specific keywords have been purchased already and resold for $3k. I wouldn't be able to afford a site domain name for that amount without getting a divorce first. JK!
My Questions?

Thank You, any insight will be helpful? If all of this has been answered please just provide a link as I have no problem looking it up.

Ben

Hello my man, welcome to the forum.
This forum will give you a lot of useful insight as to what can and needs to be done in Affiliate Marketing.
You can also check out the Bitterstrawberry blog for useful tips, to help broaden your perspective. We usually post a few times a week and only on topics relevant for the general Affiliate
C:\Users\02-20\AppData\Local\Temp\ksohtml\wps7AC1.tmp.jpg

Bitterstrawberry Blog - Boost Your Knowledge!

If you are totally new to affiliate marketing I would suggest you start with one site and build up some authority before starting too many others. It's takes a lot of time commitment to get even one going. If you spread yourself too thin, you'll only get frustrated and fail. In my opinion :)

MI
Back