The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Offers not converting? My problem or Affiliate?

kimjohnill

I have joined a affiliate program for mobile games, but the offers do not seem to be converting.

I am currently living in Taiwan and have a good network with the local ad networks here in this country.

When I get approved for a game CPI offer I like to test it with my own mobile device that is connected to this countries carrier to see if it converts. The problem is that it does not convert. My AM tells me that it is converting for others, but what do i have to believe?

I am also worried to go about doing offers for other countries because I will not be able to test the way I am here, living in Taiwan.

How does everyone here go about checking whether the offer even initially converts. I am scared to pour a bunch of money into the campaign just to find out the link was the issue for my non-conversions.

I think first you need to figure out a couple of things:
1. Has your device installed the game before? If yes, it is normal you cannot get conversion. Just find another device which never installed the game before to test again.
2. Did you complete the whole conversion process? Usually, game offers require user to open the game for the first time, but some game offers may require user to complete the game tutorial or play at least 5 or ten minutes, or register an account.
3. If you cannot see conversion in your portal, but your AM tells you that it is converting for others, you can ask your AM to share part of the statics for that offer, or you could find another device to test again.
Hope my answer can at least do some help~

I am currently living in Taiwan, so for example It was Candy Crush Saga Soda for Taiwan

I have never had this game on my own device which is connected to a local carrier here in Taiwan.

I press the link > iOS App Store pops up > Get > Open > Played for 30 min > No Conversion

Had 5 others who never previously had the game (people I know don't really play games) and went through the same process. The AM told me that it is a problem on my end and that's it. I do see clicks, but no conversions.

More importantly, What if I was not living in this country and I was not able to test the links myself to check whether downloads were converting or not while I pay for the traffic. How do people here in AFix go about checking whether conversions are going through?

I have read several posts on other sites where people spend like $200 on ads with absolutely no conversions. Are they just out of luck? or could it be that the pixels are not firing therefore not receiving conversions?

Just curious about what everyone thinks about this?

I am currently living in Taiwan, so for example It was Candy Crush Saga Soda for Taiwan

I have never had this game on my own device which is connected to a local carrier here in Taiwan.

I press the link > iOS App Store pops up > Get > Open > Played for 30 min > No Conversion

Had 5 others who never previously had the game (people I know don't really play games) and went through the same process. The AM told me that it is a problem on my end and that's it. I do see clicks, but no conversions.

More importantly, What if I was not living in this country and I was not able to test the links myself to check whether downloads were converting or not while I pay for the traffic. How do people here in AFix go about checking whether conversions are going through?

I have read several posts on other sites where people spend like $200 on ads with absolutely no conversions. Are they just out of luck? or could it be that the pixels are not firing therefore not receiving conversions?

Just curious about what everyone thinks about this?
In this case, I do not think the problem is on your end.
Some affiliate network didn't update there offer status timely, they still promoting offers which have been paused by advertiser, some of them didn't do there s2s or api well, so conversion can not be passed back.
There may also be advertiser's problem.
Anyway, maybe you should change another offer to test.
As for the geo targeting restriction, VPN is a solution, but not very good one.
If your affiliate network uses hasoffers system, you can ask them to test for you.

Ohh great! thanks. E-mails stating that there is a pause are slowly starting to pour into my e-mail account and they are the games that were not converting for me.

I have applied for many offers and some of the offer's links take me to a completely different app and not the one I intended to promote.

For example, Game of Wars > Wasabee Caller

Thanks for all the answers!

Ohh great! thanks. E-mails stating that there is a pause are slowly starting to pour into my e-mail account and they are the games that were n converting for me.

I have applied for many offers and some of the offer's links take me to a completely different app and not the one I intended to promote.

For example, Game of Wars > Wasabee Caller

Thanks for all the answers!
There are also some situations may apply, but they all share the same purpose, avoid wasting your traffic.
1. Redirect unqualified traffic to other offer. For example, Game of wars target US, CA, UK, AU, however your traffic is from TW. Your traffic is not qualified for the GEO targeting and surely cannot get conversions for Game of wars. However, there is another offer Wasabee call which demands global traffic including TW, and your traffic is perfect for this offer. So they redirect your traffic to this offer;
2. Redirect traffic for capped offer or paused offer. If wasabee caller temporarily paused because of cap limit or permanently paused by advertiser, however you are yet to stop your traffic, all the following traffic will be invalid without redirect. But with redirect, your traffic can still convert on some other offers targeted TW.

I did not promote Game of Wars, but just an example of how an offer was approved and is redirected to an offer that I did not apply to.

Thanks for the response! Helped a lot.

banners
Back