The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Numbers to decide LP is bad?

schleprock

I know that it is recommended by some to spend 2 to 3 times the value of an offer to see if it is going to work for you. If you make a sale then you should begin to optimize and if you do not you may want to move on.

My product costs $37 dollars. Do I need to spend $74 to $111 to find out? Or can I send 400 Adwords/Bing visitors to the offer and if no conversions are made assume it is not a good LP.
I am using long tail KWs (from Long Tail Pro) so I get them cheaper than the main stream KWs for this industry, but they are targeted KWs.

In the health niche I should have around a 2% conversion rate. With 400 visitors I should have about 8 conversions. If I do not hit that mark (or even get close to it) should I assume I have a bad LP.

[Here is the thing. The LP is from Clickbank, it is one of those long, scrolling sales pages that answers every objection from a decade ago. So I don't like the LP. But I will learn to like it if it makes money. I just want to know when to pull the plug. . . . The other thing is that I only want one offer for this problem on my site. I don't want 3 different solutions to the same problem. If anyone is paying attention they will think I have no faith in the product if I offer differing solutions depending on what page they are on. The good news is that I do believe in the offer, I quit drinking using a similar skill set]

Anyway, I am in the addiction niche. Here are some general stats on the health niche and conversions from Google.
Google AdWords Benchmarks for YOUR Industry [NEW DATA] | WordStream

The 3 different solutions to same problem is for the finalized version. Clickbank has 3 offers that I think are decent. I don't mind making a page for each of the offers at first, but once I determine which one is best I will cut the others. I don't have a problem making a LP for each one and making text ads for each offer so the ads and LP are congruent.

For instance, one offer has a lot on detoxing, as a binge drinker I have been through withdrawal many 100s of times. So I know there are ways to make it easier, the easy way takes longer, doing it the hard way really sucks but is over quicker. Anyway, there are things you can do and take (over the counter stuff) that will help. I was thinking of using this offer and running it specifically from the withdrawal angle on my withdrawal and detox pages. So detox type banners and/or links and detox type ads leading to a detox page. Is that a good "hook"? By doing it that way it would allow me to offer 2 products on my site that are similar but they would not compete directly so there would be no conflict.

Sorry for the wordy post.
Anyway, is 400 visitors enough, and do my concerns and proposed solution to only wanting one offer for a particular solution seem right.

This is my site if you need to see it "ragingalcoholic.com"

I could also forget the banners and just mask the links with my affiliate plugin for WP and only have contextual advertising too. I could do that pretty easy with a plugin like SEO Internal Links. Or are banner/visual images of the product better.

banners
Back