kuglermd

affiliate
How number is treated in domain name?
For example
"room4rent"
"car4hire"
"care4hire"
"someonespecial4u"
What is your opinion to include no in domain is easy to remember for general people, it is a trick get noticed, or you think it as bullshit. Please give your opinion. Thank you.

I think they are getting more popular and acceptable - phones4u, cash4gold etc are all reputable companies and people are realising domain names are harder to get so numbers for letters are now becoming more common.

It depends. The companies you mention can get away with it for obvious reasons. I would be wary of registering domains with numbers in them. That is not to say it can't work but it depends who or what is behind that url and how far you are going to go with it.

I don't think numbers in domain name affects the domain name adversely, it does not make the name easy to say but its not a hinderance

using numbers in domain does not harm anything, its make domain short and remembered .

so no worry...cool

Yes our main domain name Alternative4u has a number and it certainly was not because the name was already used up because we bought our name so long ago that we had a choice of all of them, as we bought it the day names first started being available.
As it has been said they are without saying much more easy to remember, having long doman names will never work, but some people have as many as 21 letters with 3 or 4 names all joined up.
The chances of remembering any are very slim, and who can put a company name in for searching unless you know them anyway? most just search for a thing they are looking for eg Health Shop, Car Repairs, Cooker fixers, and if you have got thos words to your own site in the html your laughing, you could even be on page 9 or more of Google.

I think it is just a way to make the domain name shorter, easy to remember and it is more noted...

It makes domain name shorter and easy to understand.

example: therapy4help is better than therapyforhelp. It separates keywords like therapy and help, good for google spiders. :dancing:

banners
Back