The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Not getting signups, I don't believe it at all

Leads wouldn't need to have refunds. The download is free.
what's the math here?
CPM (mailings count) email list cost/count (A)
Pay out on a conversion? (P)
is there one? Is your primary interest building a MMO email list?
A/P =x or the number of clicks to break even

CTR or Sign-ups:
1:6 =120--that's a very good and professional landing page
1:3 =60 --that's a excellent landing page

Did you test a few landing pages with some CPC push or native to find the best one for the email campaign --before you used higher price email lists. that would be like $20xLP tests well spent.
Even some pop-ups at a low cost might tell you something.
I am guessing not. There is a progression in marketing anything.

I would always spend a little testing before using email lists or SE ads (SEM). You can lose a lot of money, real fast with Google Ads for (SEM) at $1-$2 CPC

My family is probably going to prevent me from making more payments for ads. They're like "once you fail one time, you're done for good.", assuming I'm just going to keep losing money and never profit.

They might only let me spend money I make if I agree to never spend it on ads again.

My family is probably going to prevent me from making more payments for ads. They're like "once you fail one time, you're done for good.", assuming I'm just going to keep losing money and never profit.

They might only let me spend money I make if I agree to never spend it on ads again.

You bought your solo ads based on a review that was made 10 years ago! No offence by things have changed so much since then.

This landing page may not convert as you wish:
- you are using the embedded aweber LP with an ugly link that does not inspire confidence.
- you have too many text on the LP - could confuse the reader
- no clear call to action
- no need to capture the name (yeah i know the debate about this but it does make a difference)
- include a privacy policy or link to it

The main objective of your LP is to capture the email address so that you can market in the back end.
Try this formula (yeah i know about the debate here as well but trust me - simple still works):

- Simple Title with a big Promise - Heading
- Sub heading with a clear call to action
- capture email address only

Here is an example:

FREE eBook Reveals 12 Secrets Affiliate Marketers Use to Earn Up To $20k/Month
tell us where to send your eBook
--- placeholder for email-----

12 Ninja Tricks Affiliate Marketers use to bank $2k/Month
where can we send your FREE eBook?
----placeholder for email address---

you get the point. Trust me it works. I build lists in many niches using the same simple formula. Quiz funnels work even better.

Good luck with your project.

It actually turns out I did not buy solo ads, but various different types of traffic.

You suggested Udimi, but I already signed up using an email address that I don't want to risk having disabled for 24 hours. I'd rather risk having a different email address disabled for 24 hours. But Udimi limits you to one account for one email address - one everything!

Also, how many people are gonna look at the privacy policy?

It actually turns out I did not buy solo ads, but various different types of traffic.

You suggested Udimi, but I already signed up using an email address that I don't want to risk having disabled for 24 hours. I'd rather risk having a different email address disabled for 24 hours. But Udimi limits you to one account for one email address - one everything!

Also, how many people are gonna look at the privacy policy?

As pointed out by Azgold, Privacy Policy is a must if you are doing email marketing.
What do you mean by Udimi will disable your account? Sorry i got loss there.
I would suggest you stick to 1 traffic source only and until you make it work then move on.
It will be easier for your to track the leaks in your funnel and fix them.
When you use several traffic sources at once, you can't pick up easily which one that is the right fit for your offer.

I just this second opened an old email (I have thousands of unread emails) and discovered this sentence in the body. I thought it was a brilliantly unique way of telling people that you're going to be sending them messages. You could, of course, remove or change "limited-time"

A FREE, limited-time email series with facts and tips about narcissistic abuse recovery

This person didn't target me well, so I have no interest and won't be signing up. So, if you add something like this and are able to, target your audience as best you can.

I mean Google will disable my account for 24 hours if I send too many emails in 24 hours.

I have not come across this before. I thought you were using aweber as your autoresponder for sending out emails?
I have been using aweber for close to 10 years and never been disabled on Google.

Use an email address attached to your domain name. Even if you are using a gmail account, you are sending it from aweber servers, not sure how/why google would disable your account?
Sorry maybe something have changed in this space but it sounds improbable. Again i don't know how you are sending your emails. I just assumed aweber.

I just assumed aweber.

His lander did have an Aweber button. I'm a bit confused where Google comes into play.

@Plankton5165 are you sending to or from Gmail addresses, is that what you mean? Google does have a limit as to how many you can send per day or every 10 minutes, something like that. But you're using Aweber for your subscribers. Are you using a gmail in the messages going to subscribers?

Sorry, I'm trying to make the connection.

I have not come across this before. I thought you were using aweber as your autoresponder for sending out emails?
I have been using aweber for close to 10 years and never been disabled on Google.

Use an email address attached to your domain name. Even if you are using a gmail account, you are sending it from aweber servers, not sure how/why google would disable your account?
Sorry maybe something have changed in this space but it sounds improbable. Again i don't know how you are sending your emails. I just assumed aweber.

How many emails do you send per day? More than Google would allow you with your plan?

His lander did have an Aweber button. I'm a bit confused where Google comes into play.

@Plankton5165 are you sending to or from Gmail addresses, is that what you mean? Google does have a limit as to how many you can send per day or every 10 minutes, something like that. But you're using Aweber for your subscribers. Are you using a gmail in the messages going to subscribers?

Sorry, I'm trying to make the connection.

I typed the messages that are meant to go to the subscribers in the AWeber platform.

How many emails do you send per day? More than Google would allow you with your plan?
As pointed out by @azgold, I don't see the connection with Google is you are using aweber.
Please clarify if you mean you are using a gmail account within aweber. Even then i don't where the limit will come from. I can send 1 email per day or even more if i wanted to. I have more than 50k subs and i can send a broadcast to all without any issue.

I typed the messages that are meant to go to the subscribers in the AWeber platform.
Yes but what are you using in your "from" field? Is it a gmail address? It does not matter to be honest. Your only limitation is your plan within Aweber. It really sounds like you are using the free plan of aweber, maybe?

Yes.

I intend to use my full name. I have it listed in my Google settings.

I don’t know how I’m gonna tell my family I failed. They’re gonna say I lose money one time, I’ll just keep losing it every time, so I’m done, and they’ll make a rule against spending it on advertising, no matter how much I believe in myself.

I don’t know how I’m gonna tell my family I failed. They’re gonna say I lose money one time, I’ll just keep losing it every time, so I’m done, and they’ll make a rule against spending it on advertising, no matter how much I believe in myself.

How old are you?
Above 18 it's against the law in most countries for anyone to "make a rule" for you
Or just don't tell them, and drive by their house laughing out the window of your sports car

iStock-132075676.jpg

I have paid $50 for solo ads, so far I have gotten six or eight clicks, and zero signups.
Did you really just tell us you don't know what you spent your money on? I appreciate you put your pride aside and admit you went in without preparation!
I don’t know how I’m gonna tell my family I failed.
Just be honest, you did not fail, you invested $50... (Next time, try to know what you are buying, be prepared, have a plan...)
They’re gonna say I lose money one time, I’ll just keep losing it every time.
What money did you loose? You invested in knowledge, you learned that buying random undefined traffic does not work... Learning is never free... We pay for our kids to go to school, we pay for universities, we pay for seminars etc...
It seems like your surroundings do not agree with the fact that you want to become an online marketer. That is your toughest challenge...

No offense but if you are crying wolf for a 50 bucks investment then you are probably not cut out for this business.
Treat this as a real business. You need investment capital to try out/test to see what sticks.

I suggest saving enough for you to invest in your business, if your family does not want to support you right now.
Alternatively explore free ways of driving traffic to your offers.

Good luck with your project.

banners
Back