The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Noob question

Zackkoss

affiliate
HI, I am still a complete noob even though ive been trying for the last 5 months to make more then one sale a week.

OK so my question for you pros out there is, what site is better to hook up with. Click bank commission junction link share etc etc. I know theres a lot but those are the ones I'm looking at currently. The only reason Im with click bank right now is that, I was told they where the best. But personally I'm finding it very hard to find a niche that I like thats not some cheesy e book that no one is going to spend 50 dollars on. I cant even seem to promote ebooks very well.

Also could I promote cj products on a blog or do they only want promotions on websites. This is just a rumor I heard. Same with other sites that offer real products to promote.

Blogs are FINE - blogs are great. None of the networks have a problem at all with them. Not sure what you may have heard.

Oh there is a problem getting some tracking links to work right in Wordpress - I think its with Linkshare links. But there's a workaround.

Clickbank is a tough place to start. Highly competitive since that's where so many other newbies start out. If I were you, I would look at shareasale.com and ShareResults.com, 2 smaller networks that aren't as competitive as all the big ones that.

Trying to find a network 1st is going a little backwards.

The 1st thing to do is research and pick your niche. (read our niche forum.) Then pick the product that will appeal to the niche, THEN go find the affiliate programs. The program you want may not even be on one of those networks or could be an in-house program.

Hope this helps and hang in there!

Anyone else with tips or ideas to share?

Anyone else with tips or ideas to share?

Actually, I'm going to elaborate a bit on something Linda already said -- pick your niche. That is so important. If you have knowledge, passion and interest in a particular product or area (for example, I'm a certified fitness and nutrition consultant so use that field to find merchants to affiliate with), start there. Let's say you like candles...okay, stick "Candle Affiliate Programs" in Google and wahlah - - lots to check out!

This will help you narrow down your search (which saves A LOT of time!!), and you'll be reading and looking at something that is of personal interest so it won't even seem like work. The only thing to watch out for here is the temptation to buy from the sites you really like! :eek:

Be sure to read their affiliate terms carefully, though. Some will always be far better than others. And try to watch for at least 15 percent commissions. You want to make your time and effort worthwhile. This takes some trial and error...for example, I've tried programs paying out at 30 percent in favor of one paying out at 10 percent; however, if the 30 percent payout doesn't generate any sales, it's pretty useless, isn't it!? :rolleyes: So then try the 10 percent...if it does generate sales for you, you know you've found a winner and a bit of a cut in your percentage preference is worth it.

Hope I made sense... and good luck!! Keep us posted on your progress, okay? Tx! :)

Aw golly, thanks, Linda! :eek:

Like that blue on me, eh? :D It's my favorite color (don't tell anyone but I'm really a brunette fighting gray... :p )

banners
Back