The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Noob on the loose - Start with Computer niche?

freinhm

affiliate
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of building an affiliate website and have a basic domain Name where it allows me be an Affiliate for any Company. I was considering to build an affiliate site for computers and related products. The question is can I have products on my website for Computer company A from one affiliate program and Computer Company B from another affiliate program on the same site.

Also is Computer and accessories a good place for a total Noob to start.

Thanks, Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Les,

Sure you can always have multiple merchants on your site, unless they have something in their terms of service that prohibits it. That will not usually happen unless you have a special offer or sometimes if you use their datafeed or some other tool they will say you can't have competitors on the same page. That's VERY rare, but ALWAYS check the TOS for each merchant to see if they have any special rules.

Computers and tech stuff are one of the TOUGHEST places for affiliates to start for a number of reasons.

A) very competitive, not just from other pro affiliates but from the merchants, manufacturers, resellers and others.

B) Long sales cycle. Many research and price compare before buying so increases chance that by the time they buy they may have lost or deleted the tracking cookie.

C) Low margins in this space mean low commissions. Usually just 2-4%.

Newbies need to find a NICHE. I'll go find some posts about the importance of niches and how to find them for you.

Here you go. Read this thread.
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/showthread.php?t=4128

Find a niche that you are passionate about. Everyone has some topic that sparks a interest. Find a sub topic within your topic of interest and build your site around it. Sell products that people need that are related to your interest.

I know this kind of stuff has been said before but there are always newbies that need help.

Great Info!!

Hi, Linda

Thanks so much for your response I will look into other categories and carefully look at the TOS for their rules. Also, many thanks for the pointing me to the thread -- LOTS OF GOOD INFO -- I have good reading and searching to do.

Hello, LifeofEgypt

Happy New Year and thanks for the help.

Les

MI
Back