The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Nominet registered the 7th million domain

temi

affiliate
Nominet, the .uk domain name registry were celebrating registering the 7th million domian name last week.

I really do not know the significance of this but Nominet seem really excited about it.

I'm a lot happier about it now Nominet have opted them back in to having their details shown in the whois since its clearly used for commercial use. It really wasn't a good idea IMHO at the time to advertise it when it was clearly breaking them initially :).

It really does seem a high number for such a small country to me and I would guess most are registered by domainers (not saying there's anything wrong with them just their sites are likely to be undeveloped/parked).

ChrisB.

Chris,
What has Nominet whois got to do with the 7th Million UK domain name registered?

It makes no difference it being the 7millionth domain, its more the point Nominet were advertising how wonderful it was they used .co.uk but didn't notice they shouldn't have opted out of having their data shown in the whois since its commercial use.

ChrisB.

It makes no difference it being the 7millionth domain, its more the point Nominet were advertising how wonderful it was they used .co.uk but didn't notice they shouldn't have opted out of having their data shown in the whois since its commercial use.

ChrisB.
Who opted out of what?

MI
Back