The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

No Clue What To Do

oldbuddy

affiliate
Alright for a chance at $100 with no cash outlay and very little effort, I am making my second post here.

I have been lurking around the Affiliate Marketing circles for several years and actually even stumbled across some gold nuggets that put few hundred dollars in my pocket, but nothing that was sustainable. I'm not even sure how I made money, except I was in the right place at the right time.

Most of my online income has come from shady money making schemes, but I am trying to find more honorable directions to pursue. I still think Affiliate Marketing is something I could do, so I am working on learning more just about every day.

Now that I have broken the ice, I think I will be back here more often.

Hey, oldbuddy.

Kudos to you for your revelation and honesty about how you've made money. I was there too. Little by little, I realized that the problem for me with making money online is that I was not thinking of it as a business -- as in a business that one day will be able to function without me. I have young kids so following the typical models of online marketing drain my energy. I make a few hundred or thousand dollars and then get completely exhausted. By the time I get back into the swing of things, my momentum has died so much that it's almost like starting over again. Right now I focus on Kindle publishing with a twist and that is working very well for me, but still looking at new ways to reach out to others and get more content done consistently. I'm even hiring staff. Good luck to you and let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Hey, oldbuddy.

Kudos to you for your revelation and honesty about how you've made money. I was there too. Little by little, I realized that the problem for me with making money online is that I was not thinking of it as a business -- as in a business that one day will be able to function without me. I have young kids so following the typical models of online marketing drain my energy. I make a few hundred or thousand dollars and then get completely exhausted. By the time I get back into the swing of things, my momentum has died so much that it's almost like starting over again. Right now I focus on Kindle publishing with a twist and that is working very well for me, but still looking at new ways to reach out to others and get more content done consistently. I'm even hiring staff.

So what should you do? Start with a mission. This goes beyond just having a passion. Is there some message that you want to get out to the world? Is there something that excites you that you think you can make your own? I publish health books, but I do it in a way that NOBODY else is doing. My message is also very unlike that of others and is being called the new trend in health. I'm finally finding my authentic voice without overpromising what I can deliver. Maybe this would work for you too.

Good luck to you and let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Thanks for the response Heyhew, I looked at Kindle publishing too. What looks better to me is Blogging and that fits right in with Affiliate Marketing, so I enrolled it a training website that has been a real eye opener for me. I actually made one sale from my blog already and I am learning more every day. Best of luck with your pursuits too!

What type of campaign verticals do you typically focus on? Interested to know what you are selling on the site.

I don't know what kind of business or niche you are working on. Try video marketing. Give it a shot. My earnings are from youtube videos..

Thanks for the response Heyhew, I looked at Kindle publishing too. What looks better to me is Blogging and that fits right in with Affiliate Marketing, so I enrolled it a training website that has been a real eye opener for me. I actually made one sale from my blog already and I am learning more every day. Best of luck with your pursuits too!

Do you have any report regarding how many visitors you receive a day?
And how the sales was generate like some would be, opt-in then they receive an email pushing them to buy etc?
If you're making sales with your site I can say go for more.
Build your site a community(depend on your niche if this is okay) and build relationship with your audience, sooner or later they might buy your product.

Just a suggestion.

Hi, Oldbuddy, welcome! I know of you from whydowork and HubPages. :) (My name is different on those sites than what it is here.)

If you're looking for a place to learn, this is perfect. Lots of practical help and advice from friendly people who've succeeded.

I've read a few of your articles, which I seem to remember as being well-written. I'm sure you can give the reading public some interesting content to draw them in.

I was a little surprised to see that your new site isn't about fish. :)

Good luck with your new venture and congratulations on continuing the journey!

banners
Back