The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newsletters & email add campaigns

SoftwareMS

affiliate
We currently use a company for our newsletters and ad campaigns whose fees are rocketing sky high.

Can anybody here recommend a company/individual who can help? Even better does anybody know of any software that we can use?

Thank you all in advance.

Is sending out e-mails from the UK dangerous?

I'm sure that any electronically sent message either by phone or e-mail is controlled by the information commissioners office?

I just found this on their website-

The sending of unsolicited direct marketing by phone, fax, email, text or any other electronic means is strictly regulated.

Is sending out e-mails from the UK dangerous?

I'm sure that any electronically sent message either by phone or e-mail is controlled by the information commissioners office?

I just found this on their website-

The sending of unsolicited direct marketing by phone, fax, email, text or any other electronic means is strictly regulated.

What do you mean by dangerous? What they are refering to is spam, its illegal and not welcome from almost everybody.

spam

It depends a bit on how you define spam I guess, but I do know that there are strict rules in the uk about who you can send emails to, and that there must always be a way of their 'unsubscribing' from your emails.

Most of the information is on the information commissioners website, and if you use an external company they should comply with this, including knowing which wording to put at the bottom to allow people to unsubscribe.

But if you would like more info I can grab it from my files.

I think I`d be too worried about not having the phrasing about anti-spam just right, to attempt to look after emails myself. I`ve seen a company called Constant Contact who take care of it all for $15 a month which gives up to 500 subscribers in the price.

By subscribers I mean people who have agreed to accept Newsletters by entering their email addresses on the site. I don`t mean some sort of email list which may or may not be `clean.` Doing it the Constant Contact way means that they take care of the correct wording for anyone wishing to unsubscibe etc, various templates to choose from, tracking of those emails sent out and so on. And of course, every one is sure to be `optin.`

Anyway, still thinking about it. Got to weigh up whether having my own list would be cost-efficient. Without a decent size subscriber base it`d be a waste of money.

MI
Back