The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

[NEWS] Google Killing YouTube Annotations Permanently

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
For anyone who hasn't heard, YouTube is killing annotations as of May 2nd.

If you have been using them in your videos, make sure now that they are how you want them! Existing annotations will remain intact and be shown but no new ones can be created and existing ones can't be edited after May 1st 2017.

End screens and cards will still be available.

According to GoogleBlog, the reason for discontinuing annotations is that they can't be seen on mobile. If you read the post comments, you'll see some people support the move but many smaller YT'ers are outraged.

You can read Google's official announcement here: YouTube Creator Blog: Keep fans engaged with Cards & End Screens as we say goodbye to Annotations Editor

What's your opinion?

What's your opinion?
I'm glad that this mess is finally gone :)

Honestly, some videos you couldn't even watch, because they were constantly covered by some annotations.

I called this already "Crazy Chicken Shooting on YouTube" :p
One had to free the screen first off from all these stupid bubbles.

This was really no longer acceptable. IMHO it had nothing to do with a serious business, but was only like a cheap-jack :p

Lots of the complaint comments were from smaller YouTubers that target desktop traffic. Some cited an issue with using the annotations for information changes or correcting mistakes. I suppose with the annotations gone, they will have to edit or re-record their videos.

Lots of the complaint comments were from smaller YouTubers that target desktop traffic.
Yeah, I read through some comments, too, and indeed, lots of complaints.
But nevertheless, I'm happy, if these bubbles are finally gone.

I suppose with the annotations gone, they will have to edit or re-record their videos.
They still can use cards or the end screen - or even the (endless) information below the video. This is in my point of view waaaay more professional than covering the video with these annotations which have always disturbed the video and only annoyed me.

Yeah, I read through some comments, too, and indeed, lots of complaints.
But nevertheless, I'm happy, if these bubbles are finally gone.

They still can use cards or the end screen - or even the (endless) information below the video. This is in my point of view waaaay more professional than covering the video with these annotations which have always disturbed the video and only annoyed me.

Yeah, they weren't crazy about that idea, either.

I'm happy you're happy. No more bubbles. :)

MI
Back