Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Newbie Wanting Some Help and Advice

Dear Everyone,

I'm new at affiliate marketing and I have some questions to ask:

1: What is a Ad-copy
2: Why when I signed up for Google Adsense they declined my application
3: I'm getting alot of traffic how can I convert my traffic to sales
4: How do you create a mailing list and what could I have as the gift for signing up to my mailing list?

Thanks alot

#1 and 2 are easy so I'll tackle those.

1. The text or description part of the ad.

2. Don't feel like the lone ranger, me too.
I've been declined 3 times and don't know why. :eek:

3. Big question, not enough details. Lots of answers.
You may find help in this thread:<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/7168-help-making-my-first-conversion.html">Help Making my First Conversion</a>

4. Too many options and different ways. May be good to start a separate thread where people that know about list building will see the topic.
I'm not big on email marketing for affiliates so I don't know the best way.

As far as giveaways, yes that's something people in the get rich quick and online marketing space do. Don't need to give anything away or con anyone into giving you their email if you simply offer a newsletter with good content that people want to sign up for.

Hope this helps - my 2 cents...

A far as gift to offer people who sign up for your newsletter you have to ask yourself a few questions...

First of all what niche are you working in?

If your niche is how to putt better in golf, what would people be looking for in that niche?

You could create a series of articles and send them to the subscribers for each day for 3, 5 or 7 days.

Create a small pdf report (ebook)

Create an audio interview with the worlds best putter...

Anything that you think they would find useful...

Hope that helps

Dear Everyone,

4: How do you create a mailing list and what could I have as the gift for signing up to my mailing list?

Thanks alot

To answer 3

Look at your keywords that got the traffic. They need to be edited so you will find those who converts right.

Your ads need to be targeted by using the converting keyword in the ad mostly in the headline.

The ads need to be completly in line with the website.

Answer 4

You need a capture page for getting contact info, an auto responder and a newsletter.

There are many formats on that but that's the basics.

You should put either a free report, retail product or other that goes in line with your newsletter/ezine you will send out.

Dear Everyone,

Thanks alot

1. An ad is a description of something you are offering to someone.
BUT, if you're writing/typing an ad to send to a list, preferrably optin,
a good idea is to NOT make it to long. Make your ad a 5 liner/40chars
per line.

2. DANGER: I got through once, cancelled, and google continued to
dissect my credit-card...and that was $52 EVERY MONTH! ##$@$##

3. ???

4. Personally I think a *safelist is one of the best ways. Here you are
offering free membership for them to post their ads. That's the gift!

*I built my own safelist to 102 members in 5 weeks.
From this I can send my message to them once every week. Actually,
since I'm in, and own, the list control panel I can set it where I can
send to my list every second...that's IF I had the speed :). THAT is
NOT a good idea though.
====================

Anyway, I hope above is sound advice and I Wish the Awesome Best
in All Your Endeavours!

Levi

Does anyone really read those safe lists?
Why would they?

The only ones I've see have been hype filled and spammy.
I did some safelist ads eons ago, when I was a n00b, maybe in 1999?
The only reason anyone read those was to be sure their own ad got in.

Not saying yours is, just talking safelists in general which
I think are pretty old school Internet marketing?
Am I wrong? Maybe they've changed?

Dear All,

Hey How you doing, I'm in the process of cancelling my whole web-site and starting all over again. I'm looking into promoting becoming paid game players, or on-line gaming sites also competition sites. Just wondering if that is too much different areas to pro-mote should I just stay to one area eg promoting becoming paid game player's?

Yours sincerly

Affiliate Marketer

P.S. thanks for all the info so far!!!:D

Tracker

Does anyone really read those safe lists?
Why would they?

The only ones I've see have been hype filled and spammy.
I did some safelist ads eons ago, when I was a n00b, maybe in 1999?
The only reason anyone read those was to be sure their own ad got in.

Not saying yours is, just talking safelists in general which
I think are pretty old school Internet marketing?
Am I wrong? Maybe they've changed?

hi,

Yes people do read list ads. I track my ads (free clickaudit.com) and get good responses. I know people auto-send them to inbox deletions, I know...but not all. That's all I need. The subject-title must stand out. Here's one Subj: I use (dragon eyes) that work and get my email-ads opened:

(?`?.?Open it!?.???)

I believe the person that opened this thread asked the question relating to #4. No other way faster to build a list then to offer FREE ADVERTISING as an incentive (gift)!

Levi

hey everyone,

Thanks for all the great advice out there so far I've come across a product called The google black book is this another get rich quick sceme like the Ultimate Wealth Package or is it a genuine affiliate marketing business? Please Post back any question/comments

Yours Sincerly
Affiliate Marketer

P.S. Has anyone heard of this product Selling Nothing for Profit please give me any comments or feedback for this one as well.

affiliatemarketer, I am going to tell you the truth and what I'm going to say might not be what you want to hear.

I am not talking specifically about the two you mentioned. I want to make that very clear. I am talking about all of these types of things in general.

They make these big get rich quick promises. Buy what they have to offer and make a billion dollars a second. You go outside and money will be falling from the sky. This "hot air" might sound good to some people but many are aware that it is nothing more than a bunch of manure.

What happens so often is you have newbies trying to sell this junk to other newbies. They get frustrated because they aren't doing very well and often give up.

In many cases they go from one get rich quick promotion to another and then to another. It is a waste of time for newbies to try to make it selling this garbage.

There are some people who do produce some very useful and high quality information. Even with that there are special skills required in order to be successful and newbies don't have those skills for this very competitive field.

The very best advice would be for you to forget these get rich quick programs and go in another direction.

Often newbies have these big dreams. They believe things are going to be a lot easier and quicker than they are in reality. Often they are looking for shortcuts. Yes, miracles do happen. But don't count on a miracle. It takes time and work.

Many times newbies will have it in their minds that they have found something that will work and they are determined to stick with it and there is no way to make them believe otherwise. Trying to sell get rich quick junk is not the right path for a newbie.

What I have said is possibly not what you wanted to hear. You might be wanting to hear someone telling you how to make it selling get rich quick stuff and to encourage you by telling you the perfect get rich quick promotion.

I am not trying to sell you anything. I am not going to try to come up with some type of an excuse to send you to a site of mine. I am only trying to be helpful to you and any newbies who might read this.

You should give strong consideration to having a site of your own that is about something you know about or have an interest in. Try to make it the very best you can so that your visitors will enjoy it and benefit from it. Have as much useful information as possible.

The Newbie Affiliate Forum and the Niche Marketing Forum are two 5 Star forums that could be very helpful to you in finding useful information.

Once you have such a site, you could use something such as AdSense and/or some quality affiliate programs.

Your problem now is you are heading in the wrong direction. You need to turn around and head in the right direction. Dedicate yourself to it and you will see some rewards. It will take some time and some work, but it is worth it.

banners
Back